THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nrok2118

Full Fledged Farker
I know this is a dumb question, but whenever I do shoulders I take it to about 200 degrees and after a rest in a cooler for a few hours Ill use my hands and PULL the meat apart, resulting in this:

IMG_0071.jpg

It has that stringy texture to it, and while its good, I wanna grab a CHUNK of meat thats equally tender and delicious.

So my dumb question is:

For CHOPPED pork is the same EXACT thing just...well...chopped up? Or do you guys take it to a lower temp to keep it from fall apart tender?

I got heavy gloves at Lowes at some point that have worked for me. Not as high up the forearm though.. thanks for that link... Looks like something I will be ordering..

I dont care for chop, but it goes a long way if you cooking for a crowd. I have a bunch of those black gloves use for chemical handling,work wonderful

Back