Never say Never? Electric Cords and Cookers

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Fire and meat. Start the fire- season the meat- get the meat near the fire to desired doneness (sp). I recall watching a cable BBQ show where the battle was on. One was battling temps with fire and sticks and one was battling the motherboard. I turned to The Weather Channel. Everything is not for everyone. I did watch a low pressure system spin across The Four Corners area.

But I must confess. I've always been intrigued by this little guy. Not winter time but summer. Throw in a rack of ribs, go golf- come home eat ribs. I can do that with my other cookers- but I'm not fond of leaving live fire unattended. I have left the PBC alone with meat hanging. No damage nobody died.

But this little #1 could fill a niche. Or I could create the niche. I'll probably buy another 10MM before I'd buy this. But it's a want not a need.

http://www.smokin-it.com/Smoker-p/smkmdl1.htm

I think they're neat, my friends dad has one and makes some good food on it. Never understood the hate honestly, if it tastes good who cares.

I'd go with a smokette over that. May not be NSF cert'd, but who cares. Lot cheaper it seems too.

Nothing wrong with an electric smoker, my first smoker was a cheap MES that was given to me as a BD present, I could turnout some decent Q on it but gravitated to smoking on the Kettle after awhile. I like those Smoking-It cookers, good value for the money imo, they have a pretty good forum on their website too, tells me people using them are enthusiastic about them. Cook Shack's are really nice but I wouldn't want to spend that kind of $$$ for a cooker I wouldn't probably use but once in awhile.

I've been trying to talk myself into buying a pellet grill for awhile I just haven't succeeded yet, Adams you just gave me a new angle to think about for those days when I want to surf. :heh:

I gave my Cookshack to my neighbor a few years ago. It's now going on 14 years without a hiccup. There are tough machines.

Back