Grill Gloves... whatcha got?

Low Down

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
And what's hot, and what's not?

I was wondering what you would suggest for a pair of heat resistant gloves... there seems to be a bunch to choose from online. I noticed that the aramid ones have issues with steam and liquids... is that really a deal breaker?

Discuss por favor!

:pop2:

I like using these pvc coated gloves for meat, very easy to clean. No need to throw them in the washer and they can handle liquids, unlike high temp cotton gloves. They're also great to break apart pulled pork.

9f8b2c9d-92e3-4df4-aba4-334d7e3bd325_400.jpg

Also a fan of cheap cotton gloves with nitrile gloves over them.

Bought a pair of these from Amazon, not bad, handle the heat great, easy to clean, but a little bulky.

Last edited:
Bought a pair of these from Amazon, not bad, handle the heat great, easy to clean, but a little bulky.

I have these as well and I don't use them often. Great for heat and easy to clean but they're bulky and a little hard to take off, also makes my hand sweat pretty bad. I use the one glove I have that is cotton heat resistant. Got it from bed bath and beyond a couple years ago, works great and it fits to the mold of ur hand unlike these orange silicone gloves. I prefer the cotton kind over silicone. I use my silicone gloves as a pot holder most of the time.

I have these as well and I don't use them often. Great for heat and easy to clean but they're bulky and a little hard to take off, also makes my hand sweat pretty bad. I use the one glove I have that is cotton heat resistant. Got it from bed bath and beyond a couple years ago, works great and it fits to the mold of ur hand unlike these orange silicone gloves. I prefer the cotton kind over silicone. I use my silicone gloves as a pot holder most of the time.

You're right about everything you say about these, although we own em, we'll use them for something. I like them best if I'm doing something like a lot of pork but, I can put them on turn and move them all around and not get burnt.

depends on if you are handling meat or fire.

Exactly, I use a good pair of welders gloves when around hot steel or fire.

I have a set of these from Grainger. They're fabric, so if they get wet (juice/grease) they lose their heat resistant qualities, but dry, I can move the vortex full of burning coals on my weber with no issues at all. They're machine washable too. At less than 8 bucks a pair, you can't beat them. (BTW - if you ship to your house, you get gooched on shipping, but if you have a Grainger store nearby, they'll ship to the store for free.)

grillgloves3.jpg

Link to item on Grainger's site.

I don't work for Grainger. :razz:

I have these. Bought them about 5 years ago and just bought another pair to have when the others are goners (nowhere close, just love them and not sure how long I'll be able to find them).

They're basically like welders gloves. I love them.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/JB0121-Leather-Grilling-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B003GZFF10/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8"]Amazon.com : Jim Beam JB0121 Long Leather Grilling Gloves Set (Discontinued by Manufacturer) : Garden Gloves : Patio, Lawn & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41N%2BuU9nQ5L.@@AMEPARAM@@41N%2BuU9nQ5L[/ame]

Been considering these
932°F Extreme Heat Resistant EN407 Certified Gloves

Welders gloves. My favorite pair were from Ace Hardware, lost after a beer soaked cook.

Currently a pair of welders off Amazon. I use them for the grill and kitchen.

I use a pair like Tony's except mine are green. They are NSF listed, so great for food. As far as fire is concerned, I have a pair of cheap welders gloves from Northern Tools.

Thanks for all the great ideas and suggestions! I will have to hunt around on amazon and pull the trigger on a pair... maybe two, lol.

I have these, too. They are advertised as one size fits all, but they don't fit me. The fingers are too short and they are uncomfortable to wear. As another has noted, they are difficult to remove. The palm tends to fold outward when you close your hand.

I told Amazon that I wanted to return them. They said no problem, we'll give you a refund & you can keep them.

Even for free, I'm not happy with them. I'm on the lookout for some that I would like.

attachment.php

I have these, too. They are advertised as one size fits all, but they don't fit me. The fingers are too short and they are uncomfortable to wear. As another has noted, they are difficult to remove. The palm tends to fold outward when you close your hand.

I told Amazon that I wanted to return them. They said no problem, we'll give you a refund & you can keep them.

Even for free, I'm not happy with them. I'm on the lookout for some that I would like.

attachment.php

Amazon is good about that. I decided to keep them. I only use them with
the big smoker, when doing 10 or more pork butts or what ever the cook may be.

I have small hands so i get some cheap vinyl coated ( on the palm side and fingers too) gloves from harbor freight. These are NOT water proof so on top of these i put some of the plastic gloves that i use to handle the raw meat. This is good enough to use for a couple of butts and ribs taking in and out of cooker. If you have large hands, this might not work. The interior gloves I use are mediums, and the outer gloves are x-large.

I have small hands so i get some cheap vinyl coated ( on the palm side and fingers too) gloves from harbor freight. These are NOT water proof so on top of these i put some of the plastic gloves that i use to handle the raw meat. This is good enough to use for a couple of butts and ribs taking in and out of cooker. If you have large hands, this might not work. The interior gloves I use are mediums, and the outer gloves are x-large.

Nothing wrong with that, I use them the same way on small stuff, they work good, and ya can't beat harbor freight for pricing, and their stuff is
getting better.

I just bought these gloves

Revolutionary 932°F Extreme Heat Resistant EN407 Certified Gloves

Back