Anywhere Anytime-No questions asked

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
If you've got a friend like this you are blessed.

However your food already has this friend. Breakfast-Lunch-Supper and snacks- green chile queso is your friend. Had it tonight on lemon drizzled crab cakes.

Last edited:
You inspire me with chiles! But all I can get around here are bells, jalapenos, and cayenne. I have my own (huge) stash of self grown ghost and scorpion peppers for hot sauces, but they aren't what one would use for a nice dish any time of day. I'm longing to try those hatch chilles that you folks brag about! Bastards! All of you! :hand:

OK, what's the Queso - Velveeta?? That crap costs more than Cheddar....

And what crab meat can you get there? I'm against the
Vietnamese stuff, I live near the Chesapeake Bay for Chrissake!
I've actually cleaned bushels of crabs at home - took about 5 hours a bushel.
The ladies do it in like 30 minutes in Chrisfield!
Ho Li Fuk!

You inspire me with chiles! But all I can get around here are bells, jalapenos, and cayenne. I have my own (huge) stash of self grown ghost and scorpion peppers for hot sauces, but they aren't what one would use for a nice dish any time of day. I'm longing to try those hatch chilles that you folks brag about! Bastards! All of you! :hand:

Look for Anaheims in your area.Very similar.That is what I grow here.Plants are readily available and it is the tastiest pepper I ever tasted.Hatch chiles are just a variety of Anaheims grown in a certain area.Please do not light the torches and get a rope! I have tasted them both,and prefer the ones I grow.

Hoss speaks truth. Head to your grocery store and pick out 10-12 large Anaheim. They should be 6-8" long thick sturdy and waxy. Fire up the coals and blister them good. Then place and seal in a food safe container or bag and let them sweat. The charred outer skin will peel off if done properly. Then you have volumes of possibilities of what to do with the Chile. Throw in a pablano or two-same treatment.

Everything but cold cereal.

Hoss speaks truth. Head to your grocery store and pick out 10-12 large Anaheim. They should be 6-8" long thick sturdy and waxy. Fire up the coals and blister them good. Then place and seal in a food safe container or bag and let them sweat. The charred outer skin will peel off if done properly. Then you have volumes of possibilities of what to do with the Chile. Throw in a pablano or two-same treatment.

Everything but cold cereal.

Thats good information there, I may be able to get Anaheim .

Back