BBQ related Christmas gifts for myself!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hey guys, Trying to think of Christmas gifts to buy myself. Two items is a weed burner and a good brush/scrapper to scrape my grates off well.

Always been afraid of wire brushes, I remember a couple instances where the wire brush was a problem after heavy use. Do you guys use an alternative? I know foil works but its kinda a pain with expanded metal grates.

Got amazon links?

Also thought about upgrading to a better vac sealer! I sealed a lot of BBQ today, and I'm having problems with them keeping vacuum. I would like to get one with a wide sealer. That would be nice!

Not sure what else I want LOL. Got any cool ideas?

I use a Mangrate wire brush, no bristle loss so far. Every few cooks the grate gets hit with the weed burner.

I ordered myself a rotisserie for my 18.5" kettle. Incidentally, I now see Octoforks in my future!

So there's no alternative to wire brushes? I've looked on the internet, there's not much as far as "grill" brushes unless they are wired. I think I'll stick to foil balls. Thought something with a handle would be nicer.

So far I'm looking at a sausage stuffer, meat slicer, oven racks so I can hang jerky on them as I need dedicated racks for that. Depends on if I can talk the missus into any of it LOL.

Go to a used appliance / repair/ scraper.

They will sell oven racks pretty cheap.

@Blazinfire, have you seen www.billybar.com grate scraper. I've had one for a few years and really like it. You have to go row by row but works great!
As for gifts: Do you have a grinder? I recently got a Weston grinder for small $$.

CharGon Grill Scraper

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/CharGon-PATENTED-PERFORMANCE-CLEANINGS-cleaning/dp/B00UI1X0L2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480968173&sr=8-1&keywords=chargon+grill+scraper"]Amazon.com : CharGon "The Grill Pro's Cleaner" PATENTED & PERFORMANCE TESTED TO LAST 500 CLEANINGS CharGon works on ALL round grill rods cleaning the TOPS, SIDES, & BOTTOM. : Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

The problem with this and the billy bar is my grates are made with expanded metal. Man it would be a pain to use something like that to scrape the expanded metal off. I've been doing some more reasearch, seems like a foil ball and a weed burner is the way to go. Gonna keep looking incase I find something. I'll keep you guys posted

Lowes carries a nice "scrub brush" style grate cleaner with metal Brillo style scrubbers for like 5 bucks!

Back