Cooking Class 3 Eyz BBQ Competitio​n Technique Class

Big Ugly's BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
3 Eyz BBQ is at it again......

We're doing a 1 day BBQ Competition Technique Class in Conowingo, MD at Galvinell's Meats, April 19th, 2014.

If you're new to competitive BBQ, a Backyarder looking to step up your skill, or just want have a beverage with us, this is the class for you.

Not a tell all class, again just a technique class. You can download a flier, application and get more info at the Galvinell website. Link below.

http://www.galvinell.com/

This is going to be a great class. Any questions, just ask!

Technique Class?

Can you please provide more details on what is provided in a technique class versus a tell all?

Thanks,
Alan

Can you please provide more details on what is provided in a technique class versus a tell all?

Thanks,
Alan

I'd say you provide a couple hundred dollars less.:-D

Last edited:
Your head will hurt. 1 day, 4 meats. Prep, seasoning, injecting, boxing, answering questions etc. Winning techniques will be given, just not exact recipes.

This is the class (and the price) that I wish was available when I started.

Don't miss this opportunity!

+1!!!

Like Dan says above, your head will hurt. A lot of info and well worth it!

For those who might not like the idea of not getting the exact recipes, trust me, you will not need them. And IMO, it is not good to have someone else's info to that degree. Having that information, some folks tend to try that same recipe and if it fails, well, they tend to blame someone else.

If anybody's recipes worked near 100% of the time, there would only be 1 or 2 winners all the time. Flavor profiles and tastes are a subjective topic. Those are the real winning edges. It also has to do with what part of the country you are in as the judges will most likely be local.

I would be there if I could!

Especially since it is at Galvinells place. Dan and Jen are great hosts and BTW, you will probably go broke purchasing food stuff and BBQ items while there! If you leave without getting some bacon and sausage, well SHAME ON YOU!!! :-D. Well, that was my experience..... (Damn glad the wife said we don't have room for the Meadow Creek BX-50, or that might be in the backyard today.)

wallace

Hey Wallace - aren't you due for your refresher class?

:redface:

Sad, but you are right............

But teacher, my dog ate my homework and notes!!! I swear it is the truth this time!!!!

Also, it will give folks a "prime" opportunity to get some USDA Prime briskets from Galvinells. Good stuff!!!

wallace

Kinda the reason we decided to do this type of class and follow-on classes. Start with an entry level class, then have a intermediate class, then the tell-all, no holds class......

That way there is something for everyone, not just the competitive cook or just the backyard cook.....

Partner already singed up. I'm hoping work schedule allows me to make it. Fingers crossed.

If anyone has not attended these guys class, get in now!

You will not be disappointed!

I would if I could as many times as they hold classes! You will learn something, no matter!

wallace

Back