I did it!

HOGIE

Knows what a fatty is.
Entered and paid for my first KCBS Amateur Cook Off. July 13th, St Charles Il. Firin' up the Fox, here I come!

Congrats on the big news. The next 4 months are going to fly by

For sure. I plan on another KCBS for Memorial Day Weekend in Westmont IL. That is Ribs only for the backyard boys(and girls). I plan on (practicing) at least twice a week from now until then.

I'm sure you'll have a great time! Do a practice cook to get your timing down and be sure and have fun.

Entered and paid for my first KCBS Amateur Cook Off. July 13th, St Charles Il. Firin' up the Fox, here I come!

Fantastic! We'll be there in the "pro" division. Look for Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que

For sure. I plan on another KCBS for Memorial Day Weekend in Westmont IL. That is Ribs only for the backyard boys(and girls). I plan on (practicing) at least twice a week from now until then.

We'll be there, too! Get your application in because they fill up fast!

Congrats and good luck!

Does anyone have a calender for the Chicago and NWI area?

I'll be at at St. Charles as well. Once you do your first comp you'll be addicted! Good luck!

I plan on another KCBS for Memorial Day Weekend in Westmont IL.
Congrats, that's great! Is this your first competition ever or just first KCBS comp? :clap2:

Fantastic! We'll be there in the "pro" division. Look for Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que
And we will be there too just barely edging them out out in each category :rolleyes: :becky: :shock: ...come see us - Designated Smokin' Area

We'll be there, too! Get your application in because they fill up fast!
This is good advice. They are only booking in 42 amateur teams in Westmont and while there are only 6 listed on the website that list is not updated real time so get in early to be safe.

I plan on (practicing) at least twice a week from now until then.
I live just down the road from you and the wife and I are both CBJs so if you need some outside inputs on your practicing feel free to give me a holler. :becky:

Does anyone have a calender for the Chicago and NWI area?
All the KCBS stuff is listed on their website, http://www.kcbs.us
For non-KCBS stuff I don't know that there is really any updated list these days.

Good Luck, and in Aug you should come up to Kenosha and do Grill Games, because by then you will be HOOKED:eusa_clap Welcome to the Addiction!

Congrats and have fu As said above do at least one practice cook Walk around and meet other teams People love to talk and help

Back