Ever hear of this contest?

bbq.tom

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Has anyone ever competed in "The BBQ Masters Invitational" as advertised on the banking commercial on tv? The "pitmaster" looks familiar.

I think I saw on Facebook that he's the pitmaster for Victory Lane BBQ(?) So: real BBQ guy, fake team, fake contest.

His name is Heath, He is pitmaster of Victory Lane BBQ! Fake contest, and team name on commercial! Heath is a friend of mine, he cooks on the MBN circuit!

It is Heath Riles of Victory Lane, formerly with 10 Bones. The team name and the competition are made up for the commercial. He has done other Bank of America Commercials. He cooks predominantly MBN, but does cook some KCBS. Great guy, fantastic cook.

Victory Lane sure is kicking butt in MBN this year!!!
I knew that I'd seen him around.

Thanks everyone for the info.

I see that he is going to Las Vegas for the World Food Championships this year. We will be out there too. Line up is getting pretty tough out there.

My favorite part of the commercial is when he is in the meat dept and he is carrying out whole packages of beef T Bones and rib eyes. Yet he turns in pork ribs????? He MUST be a great cook to turn beef into pork. :)

Back