I need grilling ideas!

cirk

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I am in Gulf Shores AL for a week. I have access to 2 large charcoal grills and a kitchen 4 stories up. I am fo sho grilling oysters on the half shell!

Any other ideas?

shrimp is the fruit of the sea.
200_s.gif

Shrimp kabob, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir fried. Pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shirimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup.......

shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sammich.

That....... That's about it.

Find some Amberjack filets. Give them a little olive oil brushing and season with lemon pepper. Grill those babies up. You can do that with about any of the fresh fish types available from the Gulf.

Making a big pot of seafood gumbo this afternoon! Crawfish tails, oysters, crabs, and shrimp!

Tonybel did some yakitori chicken a while back. It looked so dang good (like all his other stuff) that I had to do it. I got great results and it's in regular rotation now.

Go crabbing. You can get the traps at Walmart, get some chicken parts. We deboned some chicken breasts and used the bones as bait, or use chicken backs and necks. Tie into the traps, drop off a pier, wait one minute and pull up a trap with a couple of crabs. I think they were blue crabs. We were in Fort Morgan which is just west of gulf shores. If you take the road to the end there is the actual fort, and their is a pier by the ferry that takes you to Dauphin Island. That is where we went crabbing from. We caught about 3 dozen crabs in an hour. You will need a license unless you bring some kids with you, and they do the dropping and pulling up of the traps. Conservation guy was there and he did not give us any trouble about not having a license since we had our boys with us. Good eats, basically for free.

Go crabbing. You can get the traps at Walmart, get some chicken parts. We deboned some chicken breasts and used the bones as bait, or use chicken backs and necks. Tie into the traps, drop off a pier, wait one minute and pull up a trap with a couple of crabs. I think they were blue crabs. We were in Fort Morgan which is just west of gulf shores. If you take the road to the end there is the actual fort, and their is a pier by the ferry that takes you to Dauphin Island. That is where we went crabbing from. We caught about 3 dozen crabs in an hour. You will need a license unless you bring some kids with you, and they do the dropping and pulling up of the traps. Conservation guy was there and he did not give us any trouble about not having a license since we had our boys with us. Good eats, basically for free.

Now this is a great idea! Thank you kind sir!

We did not do this until our last day and were kicking ourselves for not doing it the whole week.

we are six floors up and with only access to a 12" electric outdoor "grill".

gumbo sounds like a great idea. i'll probably do that.

how much is the crabmeat running per pound over there?

Lump was 20$ and claw was 18$. I picked up the small whole crabs instead.

Lump was 20$ and claw was 18$

that is better than here, but still much worse since the gulf oil spill. i was paying 10 for claw, 12 for lump and 14 for jumbo lump before that. not sure if it is related or coincidental, but it was the same time.

1511083_10152398643267853_670970544341313574_n.jpg

Just a tease for ya!

If it tastse as good as it looks who cares about the cost

Gulf Shores... I've heard it's beautiful there. Hope to see for myself one day. :)
Your gumbo looks fantastic!

Back