Catering smoker

ZENSURFER

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I have a friend that is looking to have a large smoker built for her catering business and is looking for some plans for a trailered smoker. Anyone have any links?

You will get a lot responses on this, check on Shirley Fabrication, Lang, Bubba Grills, Jambo, and these are just a few to search on...

The Lang 84s and 108s are great cooking machines for large catering functions and you can even have them mounted in a steel frame that can be fitted with walls and a roof.
http://langbbqsmokers.com/lang108/

http://langbbqsmokers.com/lang84/index.html

I personally would have my little vertical offset mounted on a BBQ concession trailer. My LSG pit will cook as much or more food than the biggest trailer pits and it has a footprint of 2' x 4.5'.:-D

I have a friend that is looking to have a large smoker built for her catering business and is looking for some plans for a trailered smoker. Anyone have any links?
Plans, people, plans.

Plans, people, plans.

Two things.

Though not stated, she should check with an actual pit maker to have a put built. It will probably be more cost effective.

A good fabricator should be able to look at a pit and figure out what to build.

To the OP, try Google, Yahoo or any other search and you will get tons of information. The search at the bottom of the page will give you results specific to this site.

Decide what will be the home base, will you always cook onsite, or will you be cooking in a commercial kitchen and taking the food to the catering site?

What do you wish to use for fuel? Wood, Charcoal, or Electric if in a Commercial Kitchen? Wood for a stick burner, but consider your fuel costs if you will always have to buy wood. Insulated Charcoal smokers can very fuel efficient and will hold stable temperatures. If you are mounting the smoker inside a building, some state/local codes may force you to use an electric unit.

All these will effect the choice you are about to make.

Do your homework before you consider the smoker.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I directed her to Google and YouTube but she was overwhelmed. I told her to talk to a local metal fabricator to help her design something specific to what she needed and emailed her your links.

I would have her start by talking to local code enforcement to see if she can cater on this type of cooker. At least in my state (Minnesota) catering means cooked offsite and transported to the event. Here you have to have a commerical kitchen with NSF rated cooker(s) to get licensed. Having said that I can cook for a private party as long as all prep and cooking is done on site and it's no big deal.

Back