Smokin in Steele, Owatonna MN 5/29-5/30 early bird double discount

We may do a few KCBS comps this year, but last year was just our first year of competing, so we may do a few more backyards to get where we want to be.

that's understandable. i'll see ya sometime this summer

Carlyle...didn't get a chance to meet you last year,but maybe this year. We had a good time last year and was a really well run event.

Tperk - Good idea - go at your own pace.

Follow the example of Dustin from Hogline (Curling Q) who went from backyard to KCBS and last year had second highest point total recorded in Minnesota when he was GC at Mankato. Then went to Royal Invitational and had a 5th in chicken.

Or some of my former judges like Mike Green from Woodward BBQ and Doug and Hunter Ortman from Big Chain who are very successful teams now - just to name a couple.

The key is to go at your own pace, but push the comfort level a bit.

Hedge - nice encouragement.

Pig Tamer- sorry we missed each other. Will look for you.
BTW I will be judging at Fire on Ice end of Feb and will be visiting MN in May at State Fairgrounds this spring if you are at either of those.
Look forward to meeting you.
And thanks for the kind words.

Well it looks like I will not be competing as part of Lucky19 BBQ this year. Aaron has decided to have his fiance join him as a cooking partner and go to KCBS to help promote the Lucky19 BBQ sauces he is marketing. Tough to be kicked off a BBQ team that I started when I asked him to join me 18 months ago, but I understand. I will have a new team started shortly and we will definitely competing in Owatonna this year!

Well it looks like I will not be competing as part of Lucky19 BBQ this year. Aaron has decided to have his fiance join him as a cooking partner and go to KCBS to help promote the Lucky19 BBQ sauces he is marketing. Tough to be kicked off a BBQ team that I started when I asked him to join me 18 months ago, but I understand. I will have a new team started shortly and we will definitely competing in Owatonna this year!

Sorry to hear about the split. Hopefully everything works out for both parties.

Sorry to hear about the split. Hopefully everything works out for both parties.

I'm hoping so. Was a little bent when I initially heard the news from Aaron, but again I understand what he is wanting to do. I have a feeling both of us will be just fine this year BBQ wise.

T perk - Unfortunately this is a common story in BBQ.
I agree with Hedge - hope everything works out for everybody.

I am just really happy that you are still coming with your own team. Way to go !

Back