My losing Steak TD entry (Pron)

THoey1963

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Ok, we all saw Melissa's Grand Champion entry for the Steak TD, but I still have to enter, even if it doesn't stand a chance... :mrgreen:

So, a couple months back, SRF had a sale, buy one Ribeye Roast, get one free. So, I went for it and sliced both into steaks. While I was grabbing a couple out of the freezer, I also saw this single Prime Ribeye steak that was a replacement from SRF for one that had lost it's vacuum seal, and I decided to throw it on too. I marinaded some scallops in Slap Ya Mama, wrapped them in bacon, and put them on semi direct, while the steaks were getting warm via reverse sear.

IMG_3776_zpsavu5j1fn.jpg

When the steaks got close to temp, I threw them on the griddle side of the GrillGrates and put a pat of Garlic butter on top.

IMG_3779_zpscthegnvi.jpg

I pulled the prime steak a little earlier then I normally would and let it rest.

IMG_3780_zpsabveard8.jpg

Sliced it in half and it was perfectly done:

IMG_3781_zpsbyph0skb.jpg

Cut a slice out of the center for a taste:

IMG_3783_zpsx7ermros.jpg

I ate half and Oh my gawd. It was so buttery and beefy. Much better than the first time I cooked these. I went to give the wife the other half of the slice, and she turned up her nose as it was too rare. She eats raw fish for heavens sake. :loco:I convinced her to give it a try and she love it too.

Set aside the Prime steak and plated up the regular ribeye with a couple of the scallops, and some grilled veggies:

IMG_3782_zpsquchrrki.jpg

It was cooked pretty well too:

IMG_3784_zpskssl454m.jpg

Looks awesome!! Would love to have a bite of that "steak"

Last edited:
win or lose that is still a great looking steak.

Thanks y'all... I hope you know I am being sarcastic about the steak. It was delicious and we both enjoyed the meal. :wink:

Back