Butt. Deal on pellets maybe

jsperk

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I put a butt on the big Joe at 8:15. I woke up a little later then I wanted. I followed Admas and Cowgirls post, rubbed with bacon grease and hit with some BGE dizzy gourmet.

Butts is on at 288. Hoping to have done around 4:30/5:00to watch my Steelers get crushed by the Pats. I hate unattended cooks but I have my tappeqcue hooked up and leaving the house around 10:20 and be home around 1:00 or 2:00

Also for any pellet guys I saw these pellets at Walmart for $11.92 for a 20 pound bag. Seemed like a good deal to me but I don't buy pellets.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pellet info, I'm going try them for cold smoking in my A-Maze-N pellet smoker if we have them at our store.

Looks like the B&B pellets like Academy sells. Hear they are rebranded BBQ Delight. I have been using them, and really like them.

Thanks for the pellet info, I'm going try them for cold smoking in my A-Maze-N pellet smoker if we have them at our store.

I think I'll pick a bag for A-maze-n smoker for that price. I was paying $7 for a two pound bag. I don't go through a lot but for that price I can't pass up.

Those pellets from Walmart look like B&B the same ones academy sells. From everything I read they are BBQ'rs delight rebranded pellets. I run those in my grill and love them. Burn a little cooler than traeger but more consistent size and less ash.

Updated

Finished butts. Had on Hawaiian rolls.

Last edited:
Back