Mooresville NC where to EAT?

Haveuseen1?

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Flying in to Charlotte NC next Monday evening, and heading to Mooresville. Quick trip for me. So I will have time for late dinner on Monday, Breakfast and Lunch on Tuesday. Flying back out around 3pm Tuesday.

Any world class BBQ in the area? If not what else can you suggest?

The only Q-joint that I know of in Mooresville is "Lancaster's Bar-B-Que". It is NOT a "world class" establishment by any stretch of the imagination, but the Q is passable if you just gotta have it.
There is a "Mac's Speed Shop" about half way up to Mooresville - good smoke on their Q offerings and dang tasty too!

Good luck and let us know if you find something good!

I live here... No "destination BBQ" here in Race City USA.

Lancaster's if you must, but there is also Carolina Ribs on The Run right off exit 36 on I-77 .... Strip mall BBQ... everyone says they have great sauce and decent food... (# 3 on Trip Advisor). Have not tried it yet.

Alternatively, might want to consider eating at one of the few places on Lake Norman... Eddie's (mix of seafood/grill), Blue Parrot Grill (outdoor only bar/pub), Prickly Pear (Modern Mexican)

Bad Daddy's Burger bar has some pretty good burgers (not on lake though). Epic Chophouse if you want nicest steakhouse type restaurant but a little $$.

I'd offer to meet up with you but not sure of my schedule as of now.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure my hotel is at 77 & 150. Per google that is pretty close to ribs on the run. Plus I saw a sushi place that looked like a possibility. I might need to stop on my way up from Charlotte since I land after 6.

There are a couple of authentic BBQ joints in Statesville (15 miles north of Mooresville) that do a respectable job. If the Sushi place you saw is "Joels", they do a good job. Same people own JJ Wasabi's in downtown Mooresville, which is a similar menu to Joels. Bad Daddies does have very good burgers in Mooresville. Epic Chophouse is OK, but very spotty with service.

I second Bad Daddy's burgers. They make a really good burger.

This is likely not helpful, but my favorite spot that I've been to in the Charlotte area is Midwood Smokehouse. I had a sampler plate from there and Mac's Speedshop, and I though Midwood was significantly better.

I hope you enjoy NC!

(IMHO), If you're in Mooresville by Lake Norman, you might as well hop over to I-85 and make the 45 min drive up to Lexington to hit Lexington #1 (aka "Honeymonks"... and a few other names).

Directions: Google Maps Directions

That's just this man's opinion... but I grew up on the stuff, and I'm biased.

Biscuitville is on 150 east of 77, it's a chain but has some of the best biscuits out there. They have the biscuit maker out front when you walk in so you can see they're homedmade. I recommend the ultimate sausage biscuit. It's a double sausage, egg and cheese. Anything there is good. I know it's a chain but you want be disappointed.

Biscuitville is on 150 east of 77, it's a chain but has some of the best biscuits out there. They have the biscuit maker out front when you walk in so you can see they're homedmade. I recommend the ultimate sausage biscuit. It's a double sausage, egg and cheese. Anything there is good. I know it's a chain but you want be disappointed.

I don't know if they still have this one, but Biscuitville used to offer a "fried balogna and pimento cheese" biscuit that was WONDERFUL!!!

I've never had a biscuit sandwich from Biscuitville that wasn't great!
My usual is chicken & cheese, but either steak or pork chop if I'm in that mood.

I don't know if they still have this one, but Biscuitville used to offer a "fried balogna and pimento cheese" biscuit that was WONDERFUL!!!

Whoop whoop!! That's my fave too!! Sure hope they haven't stopped making it!!

This specific biscuitville location closed last year. It's a Zaxby's chicken restaurant franchise now.

I miss Biscuitville...:cry:

Back