AWESOME Craigslist find. Unused old Traeger!

speedrcer1

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Thanks to a tip from Rookiedad, I found this 1999-2001 Traeger BBQ100.
This thing is a museum piece. It was an old piece from a dealer that was purchase by the guy I bought it from some years ago. He kept it to give to his son, but his son never got out of his apartment, so he put it up on CL.

The thing is 100% rust free, never final assembled, never had a pellet in it. Never been warmed. Everything seems to work fine. It even came with 60 lbs of pellets.
I was originally going to see if Traeger wants it, but the desire to fire it up is too much.
Chickens ready to go on later.
She will be christened Electra. She reminds me of a Big ole Buick!
IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

I saw that sucker and wanted it bad. I'm glad a brethren got it. However if I had got it, I could never cook in it. It would be a looker.

Good luck and great purchase.

I would call traeger if it was me. They might be willing to trade you a brand new one with all the improvements throughout the years for that beauty.

Do not trade for a new Traeger. The one you have is better built than what they make today. There is a reason they are well known for pellet smokers. Their first models worked. I would just replace the electronics if that is possible.

Nice score.

Do not trade for a new Traeger. The one you have is better built than what they make today. There is a reason they are well known for pellet smokers. Their first models worked. I would just replace the electronics if that is possible.

Nice score.

I spoke to Traeger before I purchased if the digital controller can be installed and it can easily. I would not be content with the 3 position switch that is standard.
But some people said it was close to 300 pounds. This is no where near. Perhaps 100 with the internals out. but 130 tops IMHO.

But,
Cooking on a new cooker is nice.
Cooking on a new cooker for your mom, Priceless. As I count the days with....

Back