Sleep deprivation and she's home...

THoey1963

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Been a long two days, but she's finally home. I didn't sleep well Wednesday night. Thursday night I was beat early, but that was good since I planned to get up at 4 am to go get my LSG vertical offset. Went to bed at ten and had the alarm set for 4. Woke up at 1:30. Tried to go back to sleep, but by 2:30 I said to hell with it, I'll motor and be there when they open.

Left the house about 3 am, took a friggin tour of Houston, it's toll roads, and the outskirts of Katy. Word of advice, follow Chris's directions, not Google Maps. Got there a little after 8.

Credit card declined payment since I don't usually spend money in Houston area, had to call them and clear that. Finally, paperwork done, got some touch up paint, a t-shirt, and some wood to start my supply.

Chris gave me a tour of my girl, and they loaded her up for my trip home. Took every backroad from that area to avoid the tolls and finally got home around 2 pm and 500+ miles later.

Had scheduled friends to help move her to the back around 4 or 5. Messaged them that I was back early and started getting things ready to move. So tired by now, there were 6 or 7 of us. Using the 2" X 10" X 10' boards helped roll her across the lawn. Until we had to turn and went off the tracks. Fun tilting her over and then sliding the boards back under. But, we finally got her to her temporary resting place.

Took the plastic off so the guys could see her. About then I realized, might have been easier to move her if we would have taken all the racks and the coal box out of her before the move. (Note to future movers)

I was so scatter brained and tired at this time, I didn't take any pics. A buddy did, and I'll share them below. I'll do a more complete filmagraphy tomorrow. Didn't do a burn, but we went through 3.5 large cans of Pam on the inside.

Found one rub that needs a touch up of paint. Found another possible issue, but I'll wait a reply from Chris before I post it. May not be an issue.

All in all, I am quite satisfied, and exhausted. Will do the first burn tomorrow afternoon to seal the paint and season her up. Not sure what I'll cook on her this weekend besides bacon and croissants to season her and check for balanced heating, but I have already volunteered to make 6 racks of ribs for Monday's poker party birthday potluck.

Farking iPhone and page I only loading one picture. Hopefully it is straight. I'll post more this weekend.

Damn I am tired, but love my new smoker...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 743
Sitting here amongst the fireflies in the dark at 0238 I won't even discuss sleep deprivation with you :))

24/7 That is a fine looking cooker. several generations will enjoy your purchase. Congratulations

I am still awake, but not for long. Been almost 26 hours. Calling it a night and planning to sleep until noon.

Thanks Sir. She's a bute...

Congrats on finally getting her home Terry! Looking forward to more pics when you're rested. Can't get enough LSG pron:-D

Def helped gutting out the shelves/plate out when I moved mine to the backyard.

C'mon lightweight post some pics.:mrgreen: I drove 12 hours. The mistake I made was getting her Sunday. Had to work Monday. You have time to play:clap:

Thanks Y'all. Done sleeping and ran some errands. Time to season her up and build my wood rack. Also got a Fatty to throw on her. Photo's to follow...

Oh, and I have time to play with her. I took Monday and Tuesday off... :mrgreen:

Well, first fire was a fail. Started out with around 30 pieces of charcoal, got that going good and threw two splits on. All doors open, letting her breathe. Splits caught fire, and I started closing the doors. All vents wide open. Splits went out once charcoal was gone. Do I need to start with more charcoal? Might need to split some splits to make smaller pieces...

Back