Should I get a Weber 22.5" gold?

In answer to the thread title, YES!

Bang for your buck, nothing is more versatile than an OTG. You can neglect them and still get a good decade out of 'em. Baby them with a little extra care and they will last a lifetime.

Even if you plan on getting a WSM or a Kamado, or building an UDS, nothing beats having a Weber 22.5 around.

Oh yeah, use Stubbs too.

She came in today.

Set up. What should I make for her first meal?

I am thinking slow cooked ribs. using the snake method.

I made a fatty today in my MB electric smoker. I was unsure how it would taste, but damn it was good.

Around here, rules say a fatty. I'm not that big into rules, and since you just made one, the ribs sound like a good idea...

^^ Agreed. I've used my 22.5 in a snake method for at least 6 hours before adding more lump. Granted it won't run a full packer without a refill, but it certainly works.

Not true at all. I have cooked plenty of 15lb packers in my kettle. Cook at 300-325 degrees using the the snake method with 2x2x1 and 12-15 lit coals and the snake running about 3/4's of the way around the charcoal grate, top and bottom vent wide open. You will cook that packer in less than 6 hours and still have enough of the snake to cook sides (about 2 hours left on the snake after the brisket comes off)

You made a great buy. IMHO one of the most versatile cookers out there. I am about to take delivery of a Smoke EZ add-on for mine. I have gotten 11hrs of 225 in the kettle before

I use mine 4-5 times a week, and it is helpful in competition too.

find one used on craigslist for like $60 and call it a day. I cook for me and my wife mainly and have 3 22.5" webers, 2 golds one silver.

Back