Hungarian Hot Wax Peppers - Where to Buy?

Riskyguy

Knows what a fatty is.
I want to try the pickle recipe from the Prized Pig and it calls for these peppers. Any suggestions where they can be bought? Thanks!

I couldn't find them either, so I substituted Habanero's. I cut them in half and threw them in the brine when boiling it to get some of the oils to come out. Made for some spicy pickles. If you don't want it that hot, I am sure jalapeno's would work

How many do you need? My plants are still producing, slowing down considerably due to the cooler temps but I'm still getting some. I'm 1/2 way across the country from you but could drop some in the mail if you can't find them locally.

How about Italian Wax peppers? Those don't get quite as hot as the Jalapeno.

This has been a banner year for peppers here on the left coast, hot and dry, just how they like it. Don't know how I'd get them to you, but I got about 6 qts worth in the cooler right now.

this is what they look like, the tiny ones are mild, the middle are nippy, the orange one looks like a Habenero, but was just a bit hotter then a Jalapeno, but had good flavor

20140911_193252_zpsdixlnn4z.jpg

this is what I picked Sunday night, I pickle mine. I try and do 48 quarts a year, that will hold me!

these run 2-3 inches when they are at the point of getting hot. the tiny ones are maybe an inch, and taste like fresh peas, right out of the pod.

20140911_192827_zps4tzc1zwd.jpg

Back