Check my math please

Wicked Smoke BBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
We have a 100 person wedding to cater this weekend and they selected two meats, and two sides.

I figured that at 4oz of meat I needed 25lbs of cooked brisket and 25lbs of cooked pulled pork. So I have 56lbs of brisket uncooked, and 49lbs of butts uncooked.

Also, I have two full size pans that are 3 1/8" deep of baked beans and two full size pans same size of Mac & Cheese. The sides will be 4oz a piece sides.

I also have two full pans 3 1/8" deep of banana pudding which we will be serving 4oz of to go along with a sheet cake.

Am I missing anything?

Sides are always odd for me, tricky to calculate. I think your meats are spot one

Doesn't a #10 can of baked beans yield approximately 22 servings? Since they are cheap at least do a half pan as a back up. That won't kill profit too much. The Mac and cheese will depend on how dense you make it.

Is it self serve/buffet style? Portion control makes a big difference, especially with the Mac and cheese.

My pans of mac n cheese yield about 56 4oz servings and I find on average I can feed 40 people per pan. So for 100 people I'd have 3 pans of mac. 2 pans of beans would be fine. If serving brisket and pork (self serve) on a buffet no sandwiches I'd figure higher than 4oz per person personally but you would probably be okay with that.

Back