Ribs! Moo and Oink. Also beans and corn bread in the C.I. (pics)

Smoke on Badger Mountain

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hello Brethren,

We have a couple here where we work and live that both love BBQ, and really love ribs. She is a cook, but does not Q. He really wants to learn to BBQ. So my wife and I are having them over today for a cook and dinner. We are doing beef spares, St Louis, BBQ beans and corn bread. So he is helping out today, and will be getting a U.D.S. for a wedding present.

The ribs:

I have one rack of beef spares with S.P.G.

Three racks of SLCs with my standard rib rub.

The beef ribs will cook the entire time unwrapped. The pork ribs will be wrapped in a few of hours. I will attempt to keep this cook live.

The ribs are first:

cc1.jpg

cc2.jpg

cc3.jpg

Ribs on @1130 Pacific
cc4.jpg

Beans next. And then some cornbread.

You're doing a nice thing. I don't understand why you need to wrap pork ribs and not beef:confused:

I hear ya Blu. It was to do with adding a wet component to the ribs. Not ba cooking time thing. I like my beef ribs simple. But I enjoy a little more going on when going pork.

Update

And now for the beans! On @ 1330

A nice simple batch of beans going on.
1, can pinto beans
1, can black beans
1, can kidney beans
1/2, white onion
4, cloves garlic
1, bottle cheap bbq sauce
1lb, pulled pork
little bit of dry mustard

tossed it in a hot D.O.and into the smoker

beans1.jpg

beans2.jpg

Ribs after a little less than 2hrs
cc5.jpg

Looking good!

Hope this'll get another couple hooked on 'cue and give him a good place to start.

Well, We all got busy talking and goofing off and sort of forgot all about the cornbread. It came out looking like a chunk of interstate asphalt. Oh well, the rest of the food was great! We had a Cesar salad and corn on the cob to go with the ribs and beans. Never did get a plated pic at the table. But did get some end of cook shots.

fin0.jpg

fin1.jpg

fin3.jpg

fin4.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Well that was a successful cook then, other than the cornbread :laugh:

Having a good time is what BBQ with friends is all about in my opinion.
Hope your friends got the "bug" and start enjoying their own creations with fire

Well that was a successful cook then, other than the cornbread :laugh:

Having a good time is what BBQ with friends is all about in my opinion.
Hope your friends got the "bug" and start enjoying their own creations with fire

I believe he has been bitten. When they here leaving he said "So if I bring up my dad and some more ribs will you do this for us again for us?" "And when I get my new Kettle can we get together and you can show me how to use that too"

So I think that the BBQ seed has been planted

Back