Brethren "Inspiration"

The_Kapn

Moderator Emeritus

Batch Image
Reaction score
I find this interesting---

It seems that someone(s) posts about a cook for a specific meat, a cooking process, a supplier, or such that has not been discussed much in the recent past.

Then, multiple threads show up based on the same concept.

For example, the current "hot topic" is beef ribs.
Recent ones were about premium meat suppliers, the Blackstone Grills, and many other topics.

I think that the original threads are "inspiring" others to "go where they have not gone before". 8)

Strength of the Brethren right here, IMMO.

TIM

I agree - I have been inspired on many fronts by what I see here. My cooking has really improved and expanded since I found the Brethren.

Throwdowns, while not participated by all, have a way of inspiring folks after the fact.

It seems that someone(s) posts about a cook for a specific meat, a cooking process, a supplier, or such that has not been discussed much in the recent past.

Recent ones were about premium meat suppliers, the Blackstone Grills, and many other topics.

I think that the original threads are "inspiring" others to "go where they have not gone before". 8)

TIM
We wander into the local store and what is there is what we think is possible. Then we come here and learn that there is a whole wide world out there, and piss off our local meat merchant when we demand quality cuts.
Works for me!

The Brethren is such a diverse bunch that you can only learn here, if you don't then you're really not reading or you're not adventurous at all.

This forum has improved my cooking as well as inspired me to try new things and techniques

I would agree.

And although I have fought off the Blackstone trend, I got to thinking, a 36" Blackstone would really help me with the two large cooks I do each year.

I would agree.

And although I have fought off the Blackstone trend, I got to thinking, a 36" Blackstone would really help me with the two large cooks I do each year.
And I think about that cast iron griddle I loaned out years ago to my sister-in law. Will she remember, and give it back?
In all honesty, it has fed a lot of people, and allowed them to experience outdoor cooking, including me.

I've noticed the trend as well Wish I could get good beef ribs ya'll are torturing me:sad:

I've noticed the trend as well Wish I could get good beef ribs ya'll are torturing me:sad:
I recommend assertiveness training. Or just channel your inner SOB when dealing with your butcher. It has worked for me! It's your money.

yep, ya learn a lot of things from these people around here and want to try it to see how it tuns out for themselves, then post it.

100% agree you guys all inspire me. You also tempt me with new toys.

I'm really looking to go outside my comfort zone and try new things. Really really like reading, but mostly seeing what others are doing and giving me ideas. A little here, a little there.

BTW, I've picked up two new smokers and looking to get a Blackstone since joining a few months back. Just saying... :noidea:

TIM

True, the Blackstone Griddle threads inspired my neighbor and I to look at the griddles. While we bought another brand that better suited our needs for portability and versatility, it was the original Blackstone threads that made us look and think "we could use one of those". No regrets on our purchases and they have been used at our tailgate parties. Looking forward to working them hard at Dover Speedway next month...

I wholeheartedly read here for inspiration.
I do lot of cooking and dont post the cooks. I am to busy to sit down and type out the cook details with the pictures.

The blackstone griddle threads always intrigue me.
My family camps a lot and i hunt.
I already have a cast iron griddle that goes to the woods with me every trip. But a fully dedicated stove and griddle might allow me to get the kids a little more involved with camp cooking.

WIERD! I pulled out a short plate of ribs -
I didn't even know about the beef rib throw down -
I did get some pics of a short plate I done did Sat. Go figure.
Might be a moon cycle thing. Tides and all, kinda powerful.
"cook the short plate cook the short plate"

People always ask me which books to buy to get into BBQ, I give them a few recommendations and then say "if you REALLY want to get into bbq you should join the bbq brethren". The depth of information here is incredible and can't be matched by any book.

I have gained a lot of wealth since joining the Brethren. But I also am a lot poorer. :-D
If I could only get meat and smokers for free...

yup, agree also! i kept seeing fwismoker's stick burning drum, and now i have a custom built one!(with more options and a fire door and thicker of course lol)

Back