PBC rocking a turkey in Ft. Davis, TX.....

Good job Bob! I will be smoking a 13lb turkey on Wednesday on my PBC. Happy Thanksgiving to all from St. Louis. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers over the next few days.

Good thoughts and keep your powder dry.

Great pic's and food Bob! :thumb:

Whoo Hoo! I forgot I had taken a few pics with the camera too before the sun went down. It got pretty dang cold that night to be out eating a turkey dinner, but the hot food, hot fire, and great friends made it worthwhile.
I worked with what I had. I injected with some Lipton green tea, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. With the weather, wind and cool temps it went around 4.5 - 5 hours. I basted it with the juices, fat, and I'd toss in some Shiner every now and then to make for more basting liquid. Toward the end, I pulled all the apples and onions out of the cavity to get it done a bit faster. Skin was paper thin and crispy and it was nice and juicy. This was the last pic I got. Enjoy.
ftdavis2105005_zpsacdf7703.jpg

Looks awesome Bob ! What took you all the way out to Ft. Davis ? Actually have some family out there myself.

Just a tradition we have of going out there for a turkey day before the Turkey Day! We are looking to buy some land out there. We love the state park. Just a great place to spend some time and little towns with NO stop lights are fantastic!

Yep. My folks are from the Pecos/Balmorhea area so spent alot of time out there growing up. Nothing but wide open spaces and clean air! Glad you and the family enjoyed it.

Can't beat Hanging around the fire with Family and friends!

Looks Great Brother!

Back