Ribs hot and fast !

Q sons

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Howdy folks , sorry its been awhile since my last post. Ive been extremely busy work, kids sports and everything in between.

Question,, Im using an offset New Bruenfells smoker, I have a hell of a time regulating the temp in this particular smoker. I paln on getting a BBQ Guru when finances permit. I shopped around for a different smoker (gravity) but just way to expensive. So I settled on the Guru.

2 weeks ago I did St. louie's using the 3-2-1 method @ 225. using just cherry wood. They turned out wonderful, however literally standing over the smoker for 6 hours is for the birds. So this weekend im thinking St. louie's @ 265 smoke for 2 hours 1.5 hours wrapped and .5 hours basting .. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance
Q sons

The bbq Guru wont help you very much on a stick burner. The Guru was designed for "air tight" charcoal smokers to control air flow.

Recommendation would be not to fight the temps, and tend the fire every 45 minutes to an hour by adding wood splints to keep your fire going...

What you plan on doing on the next cook should work...

The bbq Guru wont help you very much on a stick burner. The Guru was designed for "air tight" charcoal smokers to control air flow.

Actually it's designed for charcoal smokers. Nothing about air tight, all smokers have the exhaust open. ATC's aren't designed for stick burners.

Yeah a Guru won't be of a lot of help with a stick burner. Just run her and play with the vents for a test session and see where she likes to settle in and go from there. My smoker runs 275 with one vent fully open so that's what I cook at because she likes it. If I try to close that vent down then it drops and becomes unstable and I can't keep it constant. I don't try to force my smoker to run at my temp. I use what my smoker likes and it seems to work pretty well.

Thanks for the info..... so i take it the guru wont help with the offset ? I looked at the stumps baby that damn thing is 2k...wheeeew.. Is it worth the price and reccomendations on cheaper quality smokers..

How long for crispy bacon in the smoker at 265 ?
Thanks
Q sons

I did some ribs hot and fast the other day. I cooked them at 325 and they were just as tender and tasty as wehn I did them at 225 or 275 . . . they just cooked faster.

Here is a link to my cook: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195740

So I agree with folks who say to find the temp your cooker likes to run and then cook them until they are done. You can have great results at many different temperatures.

Back