Leftover Brisket 2 Ways (Lasagna & Curry Grits)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Here's 2 dishes I did yesterday and today with leftover brisket from the weekend. With just 2 of us we use bbq leftover in all kinds of stuff. I've done the lasagna before and also curry with the bbq (just not over grits). So here's the 2 nights of food :becky:. Both dishes started in a similar manner.

Getting the lasagna filling ready. I used some homemade pesto that I used spinach and peanuts instead of basil and pine nuts. Man it is really good and a lot cheaper to make especially if you don't grow basil and don't want to buy pine nuts. Definitely try it if you haven't :clap2:.

Layering it up with 3 different cheeses :mrgreen:

All done and topped with a little red sauce of whatever I had in a jar :-D

Then for tonight's dinner I did the curry brisket and served it over cheese grits

Getting grits rolling

Brisket and onions heating up

Also added in some greens from a kale lettuce mix we had (this was different from the lasagna, which was a spinach green mix of some type)

Add the coconut milk, curry and garam masala

And all done

Really like the curry over the grits. Maybe next time I'll do a curry brisket lasagna! :clap:

That lasagna looks killer. I never tried grits. I wouldn't turn those grits down.

Looks delicious. Would not turn any of those plates down. Might be asking for 2nds. Way to use leftovers.

Outstanding use of leftovers! Really need me some of that lasagna!

Curried cheese grits with brisket... where the fark did that idea come from!?

Looks great and... why not!?

Back