Lets see the cast iron

I have to say I'm in the group of having more that need restored than ready to cook on. Here are the ones that need work:
Numbers 3, 6, 7, and 9. The 3 and 9 were from my grandma and look to be Griswold(3 is unmarked). The 7 I found at my parents and is a Griswold. The 6 is a Wagner 1056A.
View attachment 115664
View attachment 115665
Also have two #5 size (Lodge and Griswold) that need seasoned, a Lodge griddle and 12" pan.

I've had some good 'learning experiences' that resulted in some of them needing reseasoned.

Those are some exceptional pans, they are beauties. It looks like from the pics that most of the season is off, just some buffing with a wire wheel, heat em up and flaxseed oil them and they will be prize winners.

My rusty gold find today. The DO is a Lodge, the pan is a no name, but it is machined smooth. The cleaver is a throw in.

Last edited:
Nice layout, kooks like they're well used.

Thanks they are. Cast iron is about all i cook with.

I will have to get some pictures of my dads collection and post. He has probably 20 pieces mostly Griswold, wagner or made in USA most still need re seasoning though.

Thanks they are. Cast iron is about all i cook with.

I will have to get some pictures of my dads collection and post. He has probably 20 pieces mostly Griswold, wagner or made in USA most still need re seasoning though.

You and me both, we have cooked on cast iron all our lives.
This is my goto pan for most things, I cooked bacon in the morning, kept the grease, sliced top round for beef jerky that afternoon, both cuts had the
eye intact, so I cut hem out, floured and spiced them and back over the fire.

Get those pics, I'd like to see his collection.

crcdg.jpg

That pan is actually a lid for my 10 inch skillet.

Just picked up this little Griswold Ashtray. Even had a vintage matchbook to go with it. Lodge makes one that they call a "spoon rest" but this is definitely an ash tray.

2FF37798-DAC1-4B22-BD02-C97FA0095132_zpsxwe3pwgy.jpg

EBECAF8D-40AD-439B-8963-B1DE0AE72A9A_zpsihqumsj3.jpg

Thanks for the link, I checked out their web sit also, they make some very nice, high end cast iron. I checked the link you gave for Amazon, they have
pretty good pricing on most of their stuff. I like their logo imprinted on the cast.

Are the inside of the ones you have real smooth? Or are they rough textured to the touch?

sorry for the late response, the inside is not smoth like the older pieces, it is just like any other piece you can get now a days.

Just picked up this little Griswold Ashtray. Even had a vintage matchbook to go with it. Lodge makes one that they call a "spoon rest" but this is definitely an ash tray.

2FF37798-DAC1-4B22-BD02-C97FA0095132_zpsxwe3pwgy.jpg

EBECAF8D-40AD-439B-8963-B1DE0AE72A9A_zpsihqumsj3.jpg

Wow, just wow, That is a great find. Do you have any info on it. The match book sets it over the top.
Thanks for posting.

Back