*** Re-Vote - BBQ Brethren "2014 Throwdown Grand Master Finale" Throwdown! - Re-Vote ***

*** Re-Vote - BBQ Brethren "2014 Throwdown Grand Master Finale" Throwdown! - Re-Vote ***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I tried to vote at 4:30 this morning, but it wouldn't let me. Now when I came back, it says I already voted. I'm thinking something's a little squirrely in there somewhere with all the software adjustments, and maybe a bug or two might straighten itself out yet?

Your vote is in there. Hopefully it is who you wanted to vote for :-D

Thanks for the clarification. I'll make sure to participate in the forum more often. Peeps, I definitely won't be ready by that time to enter into a throwdown haha. I may never be ready for a throwdown considering the cooking gurus on this site.[/QUOTE]

Don't let this stop you from entering. The Throwdowns are for everybody.
I entered one a long while back and didn't think I had any chance at
winning as the other entries were so good. I thought my chances of
winning were so bad that I didn't even look to see who had won.
I didn't know I had won until Moose sent me a message to let me know.
I sure was not expecting that.
Enter as many Throwdowns as you can, at the very least you will improve
your cooking skills and probably your photography skills as well.

Thanks for the encouragement and advice Grillman! Maybe ill enter into a couple of them when i'm allowed to.

Absolutely, Gupta! They are a good time. Its a great way to up your cooking game, have some fun, and meet some new people in the process. I think I probably entered at least a dozen before I won one.. One of the only things I've ever competed at that I didn't mind losing. Friendliest competition you could find.

Phil has been alerted. He'll check it out. If anyone else has an issue let us know.

I can't vote in this TD either. It states that I have voted but I don't believe that I did.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll make sure to participate in the forum more often. Peeps, I definitely won't be ready by that time to enter into a throwdown haha. I may never be ready for a throwdown considering the cooking gurus on this site.

Don't let this stop you from entering. The Throwdowns are for everybody.
I entered one a long while back and didn't think I had any chance at
winning as the other entries were so good. I thought my chances of
winning were so bad that I didn't even look to see who had won.
I didn't know I had won until Moose sent me a message to let me know.
I sure was not expecting that.
Enter as many Throwdowns as you can, at the very least you will improve
your cooking skills and probably your photography skills as well.

Hear, hear! Great message, thank you, brother. :clap:

I'm okay with the blind voting because I'm not that interested in the play by play of voting….. sorry to my brothers that lost what was fun for them. :redface: Even more important to me than that, though, I'm relieved the dishes are not blind because my greatest fun in the TDs is reading cook threads and asking entrants about their cook method and ingredients.

Come back after a couple weeks and find déjà vu all over again. So this means I get another sammich, right Buccaneer?

WOW!!! Almost a three way in a masters TD. That would have been so exciting to watch unfold but we'll have to take the mods word for it. :tsk:

Congrats Toast!!! That was no small feat to take down those masterful entries, everyone of them a winner in my book. :thumb:

Very interesting revote. Note how much closer this was. Without knowledge of where the votes fell, this is not a run-off between the top two (perceived) entries, but a much closer contest between all the entries. Probably this is much more fair and accurate representation of people's tastes. It also suggests that results would be drastically different if the blind voting were adopted permanently. To keep these as serious contests, then the blind votes should be adopted. Of course there is the downside that many people don't find them as enjoyable and there may be a loss of interest.

Congrats, everyone on an exciting competition ... of course, we couldn't tell how exciting it was until after it was finished. It's just like missing the big game and then being told the final score on the 10:00pm news. :tsk:

Back