[PBC] Hang it ... hang it all ... hang everything!

Thingfish

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
In honor of the PBC Appreciation thread's one year anniversary, I did a cook to enter in our quasi-throwdown. I do have a grate (even the fancy new PBC split-grate) but since my PBC is an old-school classic model, I decided to hang the entire meal, just because I can.

I got the old girl fired up and up to temp while I prepared a rack of loin backs. I removed the membrane, very lightly coated the rack with Duke's mayo and followed up with a dusting of Oak Ridge Dominator. It's already hot here in Florida so I had a few bottles of Full Sail Session lager on hand as well.

Anniversarycook1.jpg]
Anniversarycook1.jpg

Giving the ribs a one hour head start, I prepared a chicken by splitting it and drying it in the fridge for 30 minutes. Once dry, I very lightly coated with Duke's mayo and dusted with Plowboys Yardbird, after which it joined the ribs on the rebar. I made a seasoned cheese sauce with grated white cheddar and edam cheeses, parboiled some macaroni and placed it in two small cast iron pots to hang from the rebar as well. Finally, I parboiled some fresh Brussels sprouts and skewered them with some Kiolbassa brand miniature sausages. I brushed the skewers with melted butter and dusted with Slap Ya Mama cajun seasoning. With an hour left, I hung the side dishes.

Anniversarycook2.jpg

The ribs and sprouts came off first. The timing was good, as it allowed me to crack the PBC lid to work its magic on the chicken skin.

Anniversarycook3.jpg

Everything came together in good time. A nice cold lager and a good meal to celebrate the PBC thread (what a perfect excuse to indulge)!

Anniversarycook4.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Awesome Thingfish! I love how you hung everything! Even the mac & cheese....nice! :thumb:

You sure went the extra mile with this cook. Way to go. Looks great.

That's an awesome cook for sure. Everything looks great and I really dig hanging the mac n cheese. :thumb:

The pots are Lodge Country Kettles, about 16 ounces in size. They have a lid, which I did not use in this cook.

Cast Iron/ you had me at cast iron. I swore off buying any more CI pieces. Now I must swear back in $&@$;(&@. Food looks great!!

Very nice... You can keep the little green balls of distaste, but other than that, looks great! :wink:

Back