Turkey Leftovers Thread

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Here is a place to discuss those leftovers.

I'll start.

We always cook more turkey than we need, because one of the benefits of a huge thanksgiving meal is the leftovers.

One of the traditions our family has, was brought to the relationship by the wife many years ago.

She is a native of Pittsburgh and she grew up having this dish callled Turkey Devonshire for breakfast the morning after, and for the past 25 years we have continued this traditional meal.

Devonshire:

An open face sandwich served over toast.
Hot Turkey, cheese sauce, bacon strips and tomato slices.

That will be our breakfast in the morning and our 22 year old son, who moved out on his own 3 years ago, is spending the night for the first time in almost as long...just for breakfast.

Some traditions are hard to break. :grin:

I like the sound of that sammich, and I'm with Tat - I'll take mine with an egg!

I have my turkeys broken down and the turkey stock is just about done. That will lead to plenty of soup - turkey noodle, gumbo, etc.

My son and I also live for leftover Thanksgiving sandwiches. Rye and/or pumpernickel bread, turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, sometimes mashed taters, gravy, and cheese (I like sharp cheddar, he prefers provolone).

My son and I also live for leftover Thanksgiving sandwiches. Rye and/or pumpernickel bread, turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, sometimes mashed taters, gravy, and cheese (I like sharp cheddar, he prefers provolone).

We do Kings Hawaiian rolls with turkey, mayo and black pepper. They're small, so you (I) can eat like 1,000 of them
:biggrin1:

Turkey Sammy

We do Kings Hawaiian rolls with turkey, mayo and black pepper. They're small, so you (I) can eat like 1,000 of them
:biggrin1:

I always smoke a couple of turkey breast just for leftover sammies....

Pepper/Vinegar turkey breast (old fam recipe)- crazy good with mayo
white bread - your choice
DUKE's mayo - a must

I could eat these every day

Last edited:
I always smoke a couple of turkey breast just for leftover sammies....

Pepper/Vinegar turkey breast (old fam recipe)- crazy good with mayo
white bread - your choice
DUKE's mayo - a must

I could eat these every day

I'm right there with ya.
Sadly Dukes (it was all I ever used) is not sold out here, but we get by.

Pepper Turkey

I'm right there with ya.
Sadly Dukes (it was all I ever used) is not sold out here, but we get by.

On a Fam trip, so I had to work with what was available.... no basting brush/mop so pepper was uneven...still turned out great - brined overnight then smoked on the weber supplied at our rental

Attachments

• Turkey1.jpg
    Turkey1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 205
  • Turkey2.jpg
    Turkey2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 201
  • Turkey3.jpg
    Turkey3.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 201
  • Bald Head.jpg
    Bald Head.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 202
  • Bourbon.jpg
    Bourbon.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 203
Ill be trying that sammie.

I tend to make turkey noodle soup with my carcasses

Well, both sides of our family had other plans this year so we spent the day with our great neighbors, so the only thing I had to make was a couple of pans of Ancho Corn Pudding.....

15135835_10210615380480611_7496933167848734291_n.jpg

Turkey a la king and turkey salad sandwich

Wow that looks yummy... Care to share the chees sauce recipe ? Would love to try ..Thanks !!

Simple: Velvetta cheese, milk and black pepper.
Slowly heat cheese and add milk as it is melting to get the consistency you want.
Season with fresh ground black pepper

Back