Turkey Leftovers Thread

Simple: Velvetta cheese, milk and black pepper.
Slowly heat cheese and add milk as it is melting to get the consistency you want.
Season with fresh ground black pepper

Interesting. This may be what im looking for.

No flour? I start my cheese sauce with a roux and it works great. As i said before im on a cheese sauce quest. It is part of me nailing down my official mac and cheese recipe.

How would you say this differs?

Simple: Velvetta cheese, milk and black pepper.
Slowly heat cheese and add milk as it is melting to get the consistency you want.
Season with fresh ground black pepper

Thanks!! I am going to give this a try ..:thumb::thumb:

Interesting. This may be what im looking for.

No flour? I start my cheese sauce with a roux and it works great. As i said before im on a cheese sauce quest. It is part of me nailing down my official mac and cheese recipe.

How would you say this differs?

The cheese sauce for this is not as thick as a mac & cheese. Closer to the cheese sauce served with broccoli than that.

Cooked some bacon this morning and thought I might as well make use of the hot pan and grease.

Made a ball of stuffing and smashed it down to brown on each side, warmed some turkey, and toasted a roll.

Warmed up some gravy to hold it all together.

Stuffing, turkey, gravy, and bacon sandwich. Pretty good use of a bit of the leftovers. :mrgreen:

A lot of great ideas here!

My go to every year is a straight up leftover sandwich. Potato roll, mayo on both sides, stuffing layer, cranberry sauce, white and dark turkey....repeat until stuffing and turkey are gone!

sandwich=sliced turkey with tomato, melted muenster, bacon, Dijon mustard, & mayo on a Kaiser or ciabatta roll. AND turkey gumbo

I'm glad you posted this and was thinking the same thing... leftovers

One thing is going to be buffalo "turkey" dip and another thing is going to be some type of turkey quesadilla but haven't decided on the ingredients quite yet.

Grilled Texas Toast base
Turkey
Fried Stuffing
Drizzle of Gravy
Top with a Mashed Potato Cake

IMG_2281_zpsvzt2ipqq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is a place to discuss those leftovers.

I'll start.

We always cook more turkey than we need, because one of the benefits of a huge thanksgiving meal is the leftovers.

One of the traditions our family has, was brought to the relationship by the wife many years ago.

She is a native of Pittsburgh and she grew up having this dish callled Turkey Devonshire for breakfast the morning after, and for the past 25 years we have continued this traditional meal.

Devonshire:

An open face sandwich served over toast.
Hot Turkey, cheese sauce, bacon strips and tomato slices.

That will be our breakfast in the morning and our 22 year old son, who moved out on his own 3 years ago, is spending the night for the first time in almost as long...just for breakfast.

Some traditions are hard to break. :grin:

Made this tonight. Man that was good. Thanks for the suggestion. Ill put this in the rotation for sure. The tomato sets it off.

I was on a radio show a couple days ago talking about leftovers and I told everyone about something we do that is fun and different; make agg rolls or taquitos with your leftovers.

Wrap up some turkey and stuffing (maybe mashed potatoes too) into a wonton wrapper, then deep fry or baked it until golden and crispy. Take your left over cranberry sauce and add a splash of rice vinegar and maybe some spices (if it doesn't already contain any) then heat it up and dip your egg roll in it or drizzle it over the top.

Do the same method above for a dessert version except using, apple pie filling, or pumpkin, or sweet potato casserole. Immediately after frying or baking, roll the hot roll into cinnamon and sugar. Serve with ice cream or drizzle with pecan praline sauce.

I make a "Clean out the fridge" turkey soup most years.

Diced Turkey
Barley
Onion
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Green Beans
Tomato
Carrots
Potato
Celery
Garlic
Italian Herbs
Cayenne Pepper
Salt
Pepper

Attachments

• IMG_2355.jpg
    IMG_2355.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2357.jpg
    IMG_2357.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2358.jpg
    IMG_2358.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2360.jpg
    IMG_2360.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 37
I make a "Clean out the fridge" turkey soup most years.

Diced Turkey
Barley
Onion
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Green Beans
Tomato
Carrots
Potato
Celery
Garlic
Italian Herbs
Cayenne Pepper
Salt
Pepper

Becky just finished off the turkey, using bones and all 5o make our annual turkey noodle soup.

Back