Shirley Smokers vs Lang

bram03

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Welp, after months of searching I've finely narrowed down my smoker choices to Lang 48 or Shirley 50 (patio on both). Any input would be appreciated as this is truly a life changing decision.

Either of these would be an up-grade on my Old Country Pecos, but by current future needs are requiring a bit more cowbell.

Again, any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

-Brien

I can tell you this for a fact:

The welding on a Shirley is second to none. No comparison whatsoever!

Now, I'm not knocking Lang as they are a fine smoker but the welding alone is night and day.

Lone Star Grillz maybe oughta be on your short list...

I'm awful

Yeah you are.

Had a Lang way back..back a little more and I loved it. After deciding just this year to step back up to a high end cooker, a few years of research mind you, I was looking really hard at Lang...again...

...but Shirley Fab seemed better and price wise looked better...

My LSG will be here end of the month...I'm awful to.

-D

Still want a Shirley though....maybe that helps..

One thing that may sway your decision is lead time. I think Shirley's a year out. I'm not sure about Lang.

I've never seen a Shirley in person, but my team mate has a a 2010 Lang, and the thing is as rock solid as the day it was built.

One thing that may sway your decision is lead time. I think Shirley's a year out. I'm not sure about Lang.

I've never seen a Shirley in person, but my team mate has a a 2010 Lang, and the thing is as rock solid as the day it was built.

Chad, you can check mine out next month!:becky:

• Thanks
Reactions: cpw
I have a MeadowCreek in which I think is better quality as a Lang. I would have ordered a Shirley but this fell into my lap on CL and was just to good to turn down. There is a reason Shirley Fabrication has such a long waiting list. Don't get me wrong, Lang makes a nice product. But, for quality of workmen ship and price for what you get. Hard to beat a Shirley or MeadowCreek. There are a lot of nice products out there. But when I was looking these where the three that won out for me. For me and my research it was Shirley Fab, MeadowCreek, then Lang......

Wait time does not bother me, my current one can hold me over until then :)

I think Shirley's are probably one of the best smokers out there...a thing of beauty.
But I own a Lang,and it gets used really hard. Not to mention it puts out some great Q.
It's still in good shape. But I would buy another Lang.

Well if you can surely wait..... Then you surely should think why does Shirley have such a long wait time compared to the rest? There is a very good reason. That all I Surely have to say about Shirley..... Lmao.... Ok, sorry but had to....

Give Paul (TuscaloosaQ) a message directly and ask about his lead time. His time table is a little bit shorter compared to Tyler.

Vince

Give Paul (TuscaloosaQ) a message directly and ask about his lead time. His time table is a little bit shorter compared to Tyler.

Vince

I've traded a few messages with Tyler, and awaiting a response... I'm give him a few more days before I start bothering Paul :)

I've traded a few messages with Tyler, and awaiting a response... I'm give him a few more days before I start bothering Paul :)

Tyler usually calls you back in the evening. I wouldn't dare bother him while he's working! I find that he usually responds to your emails fairly quickly. Tic tock the clock is ticking on my build. The wait is painful but the results are worth it.:grin:

Tyler usually calls you back in the evening. I wouldn't dare bother him while he's working! I find that he usually responds to your emails fairly quickly. Tic tock the clock is ticking on my build. The wait is painful but the results are worth it.:grin:

I missed one of his calls, and his v-mail is full... No rush, I'm sure I'll hear from him soon.

I couldn't be any happier with my Shirley. The quality and craftsmanship is second to none! They are are breeze to run, super consistent, and as solid as possible. Besides, the Shirley family are fantastic people to boot!

I have had a Lang a good long time now,and love it. The lang is easy to use and will do a lot more than Ben Lang advertises. But if I had it to do over I would buy a Shirley. You just can't beat the quality or the people that build them.

get the Shirley for the best quality but at the end of the day they will both will get the job done at end of the day .

Back