Please help with vertical smoker info

Tiny House BBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Nothing like beating a dead horse but I was hoping people could me choose what smoker might be right for me up in Maine. I was looking at the Stump, looks great but expensive! So looking around I found Assasin, Superior and Rebel. Maybe people could tell me what they have and how they like them? Thanks for the help!

Pm me Humphreys is in your back yard for pick up. Brethren discounts apply. Go to the sales and venture section under Humphrey competition smokers and check them out.

I have a Rebel 23 and am completely satisfied with it. As far as holding temp when it is cold there is no problem. I am sure they are all somewhat the same if insulated for holding heat. We have cooked in the cold and heavy wind with no problem. It is also very easy on fuel consumption. I am sure you will not be disappointed on this type of cooker.

I can only speak for Pitmaker as that is the only vertical I have experience with. This thing is a beast. According to the computer on my excavator, the Vault weighs 978 pounds naked. That's a pretty solid cooker for sure. If you are looking to buy a vertical that is insulated out the gills, and that will easily last a life time, you owe it to yourself to at least look at the Pitmaker line up. I purchased mine back in March. At that time Pitmaker was no doubt the heaviest duty units on the market with Spicewine and Humphreys right behind them. But as with most thing you cant go wrong with any of the above named. I just liked the reverse flow design and massive weight of the Pitmaker more than I did the others. Good luck my friend. And if you change your mind and decide to go with a offset, then be sure to give Shirley down in Tuscaloosa a look. You will be more than impressed with his line up.

I'm kinda surprised no one asked how much you want to cook etc... Reason being you might be able to turn out some fantastic Q with one or two simple smokers for the amount you want to do. Having a single smoker is never ideal imo.

Back