advice

heavenlysmoked

Reaction score
I'm making a brisket and ribs for friend but he is not eating it until the late evening but I have to give it to him about 10 am I herd you can suran wrap tight but do I let it cool first or what is the best way.

That is a long time to hold brisket and ribs warm. The best option would be to give it to him cold and let him reheat it. Another option would be to give the brisket to your friend hot off the smoker and let him hold it wrapped in alum foil in a 100 degree oven. I've held brisket that way for 6 hours, I don't know the max that will work. I've never held ribs warm that long so I can't help you there.

You could pull it a little early and have him keep it in a warm oven at 170° or triple wrap in foil and put them in a preheated ice chest with towels taking up the empty space and hope they stay warm long enough. Could also cook the day before and he can reheat in his oven. I never had to keep meat warm for that long before. Are we talking 8-10 hours?

one more question

Can I cool it fast like an ice bath then wrap in plastic to keep moisture in then give cold he could warm it later

Back