I thought I'd bring the mayo craze to the PBC. Chicken was excellent.

Mayo, salt, peper, Sriracha sauce
1nRwT4pm.jpg

Let it sit in the fridge for a few hours.

Meathead's Memphis Dust
pd1xi7Am.jpg

On the PBC grate she goes--not sure why I didn't hang. Running at about 310
96N2CiJm.jpg

Flipped it skin side down and pulled both rebar with about 25 minutes (maybe about 140ish IT) to go--ran at almost 400, which was what I wanted.
yH05Rpfm.jpg

Really good chicken! Mayo is magic! I'm still smearing it on the kids to see if it can straighten them out. Not working.

That looks great! Glad to see the PBCers getting on the mayo bandwagon!!

My next cook I'm going all out. I'm buying a few gallons of Mayo and I'm going to slather it all over the inside of my PBC. I will leave it off the coal basket and the bottom. I will use a paint brush to coat the rebar pieces once the meat is hanging. Can't wait to see the results!

I may (or may not) be mostly joking. Sort of.

My next cook I'm going all out. I'm buying a few gallons of Mayo and I'm going to slather it all over the inside of my PBC. I will leave it off the coal basket and the bottom. I will use a paint brush to coat the rebar pieces once the meat is hanging. Can't wait to see the results!

That's awesome. Don't forget the pics.

Be careful! From what I've heard, it'll turn the inside of your barrel to gold. No other BBQ will ever stand up to the taste of that particular barrel. :clap2:

PBC guys, I haven't tried wing on the PBC yet.
1. Do you prefer grate or hang (if it's even practical to skewer/hang them)?
2. Approx cook time?

Actually, I have been doing drumsticks lately. For 88 cents a pound, how bad can they be?

Buddy of mine brought me some fresh halibut he caught in Alaska. Any suggestions on how to cook it in the pbc? Never done halibut before.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Buddy of mine brought me some fresh halibut he caught in Alaska. Any suggestions on how to cook it in the pbc? Never done halibut before.

Hand for reference
033804c7738320afd34e7337702582d9.jpg

I find that just applying your favorite rub or marinade (maybe just salt and pepper) and placing the fish in a teflon fish pan works great. Pick your smoke and cook until done ~ 120-125 for rare to medium. It can dry out very quickly. BTW, that's a perfect size for cooking on the PBC.

Just an average Sunday after with some smoked chicken, babybacks, tritop, corn, and beets. All this goodness brought to you by my PitBarrel and me.

I tried a new run for the chicken, Stubbs chicken spice rub. Very delicious.
Garlic salt and smoked paprika with a lite sprinkle of PBC Beef and Game on the TriTip. Ribs were my own BBQ blend.

The cherry wood added a very unique flavor to the corn...could have also been smoke from drippings during the cook.

I want to thank my almost 8 year old son for suggesting we add the baby backs to the menu.
269cf2e4812a34292a58e83ad901d2e5.jpg

5baf826f52b44dc625faa1a171c8379b.jpg

Last edited:
Wondering if anyone has done thighs that could give me an estimate of time it took for them to cook to get nice bite through skin. Looking to do thighs for the first time this weekend before doing them for a labor day cook.

Wondering if anyone has done thighs that could give me an estimate of time it took for them to cook to get nice bite through skin. Looking to do thighs for the first time this weekend before doing them for a labor day cook.

How many will you need to cook? I cook my comp thighs 50 min uncovered and then 40 min covered after adding pats of butter and a little liquid (I usually use cola or beer, just a couple ounces) and the skin is pretty spot on. Good luck.

How many will you need to cook? I cook my comp thighs 50 min uncovered and then 40 min covered after adding pats of butter and a little liquid (I usually use cola or beer, just a couple ounces) and the skin is pretty spot on. Good luck.

Thanks I will give this a go, just going to pick up a family pack to practice on and go from there lol.

Thanks I will give this a go, just going to pick up a family pack to practice on and go from there lol.

Cool. Only reason I asked about how many is because you are kinda limited by the size of the pan when you wrap!

First time beef ribs on the PBC. Didn't take any prep picks cuz I didn't think they'd turn out any good, but maybe they wil...? I'll post a pic of them on the cooker in just a minute...

Back