MOJO Bricks - Anyone Use Em?

SigSauerNY

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
helping a friend get there setup going, gonna use a yoder smoker but wants additional flavor and came across MOJO Bircks, any feedback appreciated

I've used the cherry for a while a few years back. They worked great, but my local source closed up.

I've been using them for a while and like them. They last longer than chunks but they are a little expensive.

Been using them for a few years with excellent results. Gave some to a co-worker who was complaining he wasn't getting enough smoke out of his Green Mountain pellet pooper, and now he's a convert!

Been using them for a few years with excellent results. Gave some to a co-worker who was complaining he wasn't getting enough smoke out of his Green Mountain pellet pooper, and now he's a convert!

I just used some hickory mojobricks for the first time just the other day. They worked great but I am not totally convinced it was any better than wood chunks though. I cooked on my BGE.

Mojo Bricks work but they are expensive.

If you are using a pellet smoker, a Smoke Daddy or Amaze N Smoker will give you extra smoke and be more cost effective than the bricks.

I prefer wood chunks, with the caveat that the wood is not kiln dried.

I use Mojobricks exclusively when cooking in competition or in the backyard. I like the consistency and the sweet, clean smoke that I feel lasts longer than an equivalent volume of other woods. Cherry gives a killer smoke ring.

I prefer wood chunks, with the caveat that the wood is not kiln dried.

Where would one source wood chunks that have not been kiln dried? What have you experienced that differentiates the two?

I source my wood from Craigslist, usually rounds. I split the rounds and let them cure naturally. Naturally cured wood has some moisture in it which will give off a little bit more smoke and flavor than kiln dried wood. In my opinion, kiln dried wood provides mostly heat with very little smoke.

If you buy your wood or wood chunks in a plastic bag, it will most likely be kiln dried.

Where does he put them in the pellet pooper?

I use them in my UDS' and BGE's all the time. I purchased the whole bricks and cut them down to size. GREAT product.

Gracias,

JT

I like using 'em in my UDS and WSM. Bigmista uses them to great effect & turned me on to them - great product.

+1 on the AmazeN Tube. much cheaper in the long run as you can just use pellets you already have. Just make sure you have a propane torch to get it going well and let it burn / flame for a while before shutting lid.

I have smokedaddy too but you have to drill hole in your cooker and run an air pump.

I've used them the last two times I've cooked and they have worked out great.

Only thing I don't like is the way they've named the sizes.

Mojobricks, mojoqubes, bar-b-qubes, and mojobrick minis. Just say small, regular, large, extra large and be done with it. But maybe its just me having a hard time with it.

Back