• CPK Thai Chicken Pizza on the Blackstone

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
The other night, The Missus said she wanted pizza, and believe it or not, I'm starting to get burned out on traditional pies, so I suggested we go a different route and do a Thai Chicken pizza, especially since we had some leftover rotisserie chicken in the fridge. This was made famous years ago by California Pizza Kitchen and is one of their signature pies. When I first tried it I was in love - a great combination of chicken, hoisin-peanut sauce, and crunchy bean sprouts, scallions, and a bit of cilantro. The coolness of the veggies adds a flavor and texture that is quite refreshing.

Here's a few pics:

DSC_0972_zpsmrldnj6z.jpg

DSC_0972B_zpstg9lvd0f.jpg

DSC_0970B_zpsvej3p4ae.jpg

Here's the recipe I used:

http://www.food.com/recipe/california-pizza-kitchen-thai-chicken-pizza-62778

I made a couple of modifications:

We substituted fish sauce for oyster sauce as they are fairly close and we didn't have any oyster sauce on hand.

The recipe for the sauce does not have enough water in it, so I increased it by 3x, otherwise it would have been really hard to spread the sauce on the dough without tearing it.

I didn't use nearly as much cheese as I would on a traditional pie, as I wanted the toppings to stand out - just enough to lightly cover the sauce.

I also topped the pie with a finely chopped small jalapeno from the garden, seeds and all, for some added heat.

Finally, the recipe calls for the veggies to be put on the pizza before cooking, but with the Blackstone, they would have been charred to a crisp if I had done that, so I put them on immediately after we pulled the pizza from the cooker, and actually preferred it this way.

It was dang tasty!

Beautiful! Love Thai pizza. Sometimes I'll use sweet chili sauce as the base sauce, then drizzle the peanut sauce on after the cook in a criss cross pattern. Adds another layer of flavor. The bean sprouts and cilantro at the end are my favorite. So much fresh crunch.

Looks and I'm sure taste amazing.

Beautiful! Love Thai pizza. Sometimes I'll use sweet chili sauce as the base sauce, then drizzle the peanut sauce on after the cook in a criss cross pattern. Adds another layer of flavor. The bean sprouts and cilantro at the end are my favorite. So much fresh crunch.

Might have to give this a try, thanks for the suggestion,Tony!

Fricken looks great been thinking of trying a Tai chicken pizza for something different.

Back