american royal and keeping people out

IowaWildHogsBbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
First time at royal. What do pepole use to keep people out of there sites? I was thinking snow fence.

trailers, vehicles, hay bales, construction fencing.

It's probably not as bad as a lot of the horror stories. Friday is packed if the weather is nice. If you don't leave a space for somebody to take a shortcut to avoid crowds, or get to the porta-john (lock it) you should be good.

bring a padlock for the port-a-potty for sure, especially if your near one of the larger "party sites"

I've seen hay bails, caution tape, different fencing options, all with varying degrees of success. I think the best one I saw was the snow fencing with posts cemented into 5 gallon buckets. Just remember to leave yourself a way out. ;)

People will usually not come crashing into your sight unless it shows to be a short cut to somewhere they wants to go. However, last year I had a guy come plopping into one of our chairs asking for a ice pack. He had a heck of a goose egg above his eye. Said he was beat up.. Police decided he was drunk and fell down. Ambulance drivers provided us disinfectant to clean up blood. We were on acorner in a high traffic area and that is the only issue we ever had. Keith

How is it in Lot B? Are things quieter over there?

Quiet in comparison to the Dark Side. You could end up with a corporate party nearby, and any time you have alcohol you can find idiots. Quiet hours start at 11.

The entertainment has always outweighed any hassle in the years I've been there.

I'll be there as an Ambassador. When I'm through with my shift, I would be willing to masquerade as a mean bouncer and patrol your site. But there would be a slight fee, say some FIREBALL every now and then, and maybe a BL or 2..... or 3...... or 4.... or 5! :-D

Yes, keep the crowds out, but hopefully your friends can get in!

I am trying to figure out the disguise that would make Dingus seem mean - just can't get there. Too nice a guy to be a bouncer.

I am hoping that I am working your side of the grounds so I can stop by and say hi and be of whatever assistance I can be. And when I am off duty, be sure I will come by and say hi.

I really don't think you are going to have too much trouble where you are. With any luck your biggest risk will be severe eye strain.

Lookin' forward to that weekend. Be here before you know it.

Pissed off Pit Bulls always works for me.

We have a 120-130 Lb American Bulldog and he seems to attract drunk people. The drunker they get the more they want to pet him....

We make a fence out of PVC pipe to keep people from walking through.

I used some old plow discs with a 3/4" coupling welded to them. I threaded 3/4" rigid electrical conduit into that and ran caution tape. Between our camper and 4 of the plow discs I was able to cover a 20' x 75' corner lot.

Kill the first drunk and leave the body at the edge of the site.

The others will get the message.

;)

We rent the plastic fencing, and then on Friday night we pay a guy to be a bit of a bouncer for us. It's never been a problem, but we're in a higher traffic area this year, so we'll see.

I'll be there as an Ambassador. When I'm through with my shift, I would be willing to masquerade as a mean bouncer and patrol your site. But there would be a slight fee, say some FIREBALL every now and then, and maybe a BL or 2..... or 3...... or 4.... or 5! :-D

I will provide Fireball for an occasional patrol!:thumb:

Back