Insurance?

Zak77

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I'm thinking about opening up a small side business to sell bbq on the weekends and I've secured a local business that will allow me to sell in their parking lot. A friend of mine mentioned that I'll need business insurance on the trailer and the vehicle I use to tow it. What insurance do you all carry? What is needed?

Thanks,
Zak

We are in North Carolina and I have $2,000,000 liability and also have full coverage on the trailer.

Jeff, can you expand on that? With whom did you get it with? Approx cost for coverage etc, anything that we should look out for. Thanks for sharing!

Forget the insurance on the truck...you need liability on the food you are selling.

You need general liability insurance. Usually, 1 million/2 million coverage. Equipment coverage is extra. Google concession insurance and you'll get lots of options. Mine is 375 a year without equipment and 750 with. Good luck!

general liability at least 1m in case someone gets sick etc, auto ins for the vehicle and inland marine coverage on your mobile rig. I found that coverage costs are all over the place depending on who you talk to. I had best luck with independent commercial broker.

Well, I called Progressive today and of course they don't cover Conn
You have to ask for Flo...only she can make the "bundle"
call your regular ins rep..need a rider for the tow vehicle / trailer as this is biz / comercial
most places require 1 mil min most are now 2 mil gen liability, this is a seperate biz package
another seperate is workers comp for your helpers..you have to produce this when you apply for hd or other permits

Big Belly, who are you using? Has anyone used Flip? Also trying to get a quote from the people advertising in The Bull Sheet but, it doesn't seem as though this is something that they are familiar with. It seems like they mostly due events. Any suggestions are welcome.

I'm thinking about opening up a small side business to sell bbq on the weekends and I've secured a local business that will allow me to sell in their parking lot. A friend of mine mentioned that I'll need business insurance on the trailer and the vehicle I use to tow it. What insurance do you all carry? What is needed?

Thanks,
Zak

I use FLIP for my Pizza Catering Business. Starts at $299 a year. Includes $2,000,000 plus options for up to $50,000 inland marine coverage. Know others that use it too.

http://www.fliprogram.com

I use this company, for biz ins 201 845 6600, ask for Dawn...my reg truck ins covers the trailer while going down the road, biz liability covers the biz while cooking on or off site, covers if someone got hurt on my trailer, this is the one where they will fax coverage to the promoter, some companies charge to do this. you also need workers comp...prices between compaines are close, however I go with this one because they treat me first class, have faxxed info to the state or promoters, kept coverage going while I did not send a ck in time, just great people like the old days..

Thanks Biggy! Jbbq, according to flip, $5,000 max medical, that's not a concern? Where is your pizza trailer?

I have been lookin into this as well. Ask you agent lots of questions. Tell them all that you will be doing and about your equipment. I think some people are not covered like they should be..

I have been lookin into this as well. Ask you agent lots of questions. Tell them all that you will be doing and about your equipment. I think some people are not covered like they should be..
yes, this is true...however, think about it...they have a real scam going...get everything covered, use them and they cancel you...Insurance payments are just as bad as tax payments, you really wonder about bang for your buck..
you have home owners ins, the tree on property line falls on your garage, your ins says they should pay since its their tree...they say its your garage..
I wonder how many times we overlapp coverages

I just want clarity for the $5000.00 maximum for medical payment so, say someone has a hospital bill against you that say is $45,000.00 according to flip will they only cover the $5,000.00? That's my question.

If you have 1mil in general liability (and the medical claim is covered under your policy) then it would cover all 45k. Med pay is a guaranteed payment. Any attorney would be able to get 5k for a client that would trip on your property, etc. that is why they limit it to 5k.

Back