THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tlstar

Found some matches.
Can you use pellets for smoking or am I better off using wood chips? I just found out that pellets come in the different woods and I started thinking about it. I know, I shouldn't be thinking, but it happens every now and then and it's scary.

Thanks

You can use either pellets or chips in a foil pouch for smoking.

Make a three fold packet, fold the bottom up and crimp it, put 3/4 cup of pellets into the pocket, crimp the top of the packet shut, poke a single hole in the packet, put the packet on top of the burning coals.

Don't soak the pellets or the chips.

if yer buying over the net or have a bass pro or gander mountain it's almost cheaper & a longer burn to order chunks or buy pucks(i.e. bradley type).shop & compare first cause pellets & chips go fast depending on what kind of smoker you have.
mod... w/ that brink electric you should be fine w/ either pellets or chips- chunks or pucks would last you forever.

Back