If you use B&B lump

ebijack

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I went to two different super walmart's this morning.
Walmart (at least around Detroit) does not have it on their business model anymore.... No longer stocked or sold. :wacko:

Academy Sports and Ace Hardware sell it too and hope my Walmart does not stop selling it because it is closer for me .

I went to two different super walmart's this morning.
Walmart (at least around Detroit) does not have it on their business model anymore.... No longer stocked or sold. :wacko:
Now I know what happened to it. Same here in Louisville. A couple years ago they had some bags of B&B Hickory on clearance and I bought them all. Haven't seen them since.

Academy Sports and Ace Hardware sell it too and hope my Walmart does not stop selling it because it is closer for me .
No Academy's around here.
Ace is twice the price of what walmart was. I'll have to buy ro from wally world. Not ready to spend for jealous devil or fogo off amazon. But I might.
I don't care for cowboy lump.

ACE has it here
If they don't, you can order it from ACE on line and have it shipped to your nearest store

My Walmart recently stopped carrying it as well. I have an Academy in town but I hate going there because the staff is rude as can be. They act like they're doing me a favor for allowing me to check out.

GFS sells lump at the two locations near me. Van Dyke between 13 & 14 Mile and 15/Maple a little west of Dequindre. Bags are labeled GFS but pretty certain the content is RO.

I've been getting mine ship-to-store from Ace, but last time I was there it looked like they were stocking it. :whoo:

just checked and all my stores stopped selling it too . :mad2: I wonder what happened and will email them .

We just got an Academy decently close to me and I picked up some there a few weekend ago. They had a real solid selection of charcoal.

No Academy's around here.
Ace is twice the price of what walmart was. I'll have to buy ro from wally world. Not ready to spend for jealous devil or fogo off amazon. But I might.
I don't care for cowboy lump.

Devil is worth the price IMO

I found B&B Oak Lump at Wal Mart about 6 years ago at a great price - I think it was $3.99 for a 13lb bag. Best hardwood charcoal I've ever used. Then I never saw it again.

I can get it for $16.99 for a 20lb bag ship to store via ACE Hardware, but with tax, that's almost $1.00 per lb. Yikes!

I'm taking a shot in the dark here but knowing someone who works at Walmart as a manager I've been told Walmart wants to buy in bulk and they aren't very flexible with their $$$ offer for a product. Considering how many Walmarts there are I'm gonna guess B&B couldn't meet the demand and so Wally World discontinued the product, at least in certain areas.

I found B&B Oak Lump at Wal Mart about 6 years ago at a great price - I think it was $3.99 for a 13lb bag. Best hardwood charcoal I've ever used. Then I never saw it again.
I can get it for $16.99 for a 20lb bag ship to store via ACE Hardware, but with tax, that's almost $1.00 per lb. Yikes!
I have been buying it at $9/20lbs at wally. Ace for the same bag is $17. And like you. I'd have to order online to store. Not very convenient or priced right for me. :tsk:

And wally is also carrying #30 RO lump bags now. Same size/weight bag as GFS has carried for years.

Last edited:
SinceOzark Oak went away I have been buying B&B Hickory at WM.I like it.I guess I will switch to RO if B&B does not return.WM had it( B&B)on sale a few months ago and I bought 10 bags.Glad I did.

Back