Need a Brethren in Jackson, MS

Hawg Father of Seoul

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Some time in the next few weeks (not this weekend) I need use of a smoker to cook a pork butt or a brisket.

Work has me here in Flowood for another four weeks and I really want to feed my crew some REAL BBQ.

Thanks brothers.

Flowood? You doing work at Nucor?

True. I did a search here and found a nod to Cassattas.

Went on Tuesday. The brisket was on point. Better than Oklahoma Joe's in fact. The pork and ribs were not up to that standard, but good. If they just added some more black pepper to their brisket....

As a matter of fact, the brethren need to support this place. Their Brisket is probably better than 70% on here can make. Small mom and pop shop. I challenge those within a couple of hours of Jackson to try this place out.

5519 Hwy 25 Flowood MS 39232

What you need to know. They are not friendly. That has been my experience with most workers here in Jackson any way so locals may be used to that. They are not cheap. Food is a little salty (iodized salt). Prices were fair for the amount of food, but bargain hunters will cringe. You can get a rack of ribs for like $23. That seems like the real bargain. They also do not have a public restroom. BUTTTTT they make good bbq and we are all real men (even the Sisters).

A buddy of mine has 2 stick burners that he will rent out. Or if I make a call let me use. Or I can put some Q on my egg for you guys! I would say come over and cook and drink some brews but we have a 3 day old baby girl and my wife may shoot me if I cook all day. PM me if you need some more info!

I stopped in Cassatta's today for lunch (and a brisket Sammy I am working on now) and showed the owner the thread. He said he appreciated the feed back and hopes you return while you are in the area.

Back