"Ghost Salt???"

kingt36

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I saw a thread about some chicken wings cooked with some ghost salt.

I am intrigued...tell me more about "ghost salt." Is that something I can find, or something I have to make? If the former, where (in the Atlanta area)? If the latter, how?

Ghost Pepper Salt Maybe?

I haven't heard of just Ghost Salt...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/The-Spice-Labs-Gourmet-Pepper/dp/B00555V9GO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410626953&sr=8-1&keywords=ghost+salt"]Amazon.com : The Spice Lab's - Gourmet Ghost Pepper Sea Salt Hot! Hot! In a Glass Spice Bottle : Flavored Salts : Grocery & Gourmet Food@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41AnBEwBjbL.@@AMEPARAM@@41AnBEwBjbL[/ame]

Last edited:
Yep, that's the thread. I'll take that suggestion and PM him.

I was thinking that it is some kind of ghost pepper salt. I was curious if it can be bought or has to be made.

I tried to reply to that thread, however since it was more than 120 days old I was not allowed.

I have Uncle Paulies Ghost Pepper Salt. It is a course salt with kick - Used in moderation it adds a great flavor. (you can put a grain on your tongue and not scorch it off).

I bought it from him with some other sauce at Pikes Place Market in Seattle.

Web site is :

www.ghostpeppersalt.com

Hope this helps ( I have not been to the site but maybe I better!) SD

I bought some muti times at the Chelsea market in NYC

Really good stuff! Def hot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 182
I actually found a local store the sells it over near Emory, about 30 mins from my house. Bought a 6 oz package for 5.95....The little shop is called Strippaggio. They sold a slew of flavored salts as well as various olive oils and vinegars...

The salt looks just like what Trunks posted..they let me taste it. I put one grain on my tongue and while it didn't kill me, it was definitely hot. I'm going to mix it with some evoo, granulated garlic and maybe some oregano or something, add it to some wings and put them in a freezer for a week or so...

That Sriracha Salt recipe got me got me right out of my chair and into the kitchen at 1:45 in the morning.

We'll see how it turns out:

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 138
Might be a little hard to find since you cant see it.
smiley-microphone-audio.gif

Anyone....... anyone......... welp that was my best joke I'm out.

Ghost Salt, isn't that the salt that doesn't have any serial numbers and can't be traced?

Why do I have a feeling I know what other Hobie you might have. I have some ghost pepper salt it's good stuff.

Back