Discussion Thread -> "Special Rules Clusterfark!" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Special Rules Clusterfark!"

13738015864_f27e0c6fa2_c.jpg

This was Enrico's winning entry in the 2014 "Chimney Steak Clusterfark" Throwdown.

As chosen by Shagdog for winning the "Probe Tender"
Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Shagdog said:
You MUST cook - A Ribeye Steak, approx 1in thick or thicker. Steak may be cooked to your liking. You can use a thermometer if you must. Your plate must also include a baked potato and a green vegetable or fruit. Green salad is an acceptable vegetable. Green Skittles are not. Veggie or fruit preparation is at your discretion. Raw is acceptable. Your entry photo must contain all three of these finished items (Steak, Baked potato, Green Veggie or fruit) Somewhere in your entry you must show a picture of your steak sliced, but it does not have to be in the entry picture.

Sounds simple enough to me! :thumb: What could possibly go wrong? :biggrin1:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 3/6 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 3/16/15.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 3/16.

***The below disclaimer is intended to prevent any and all douchebags from committing any and all forms of douchebaggery in the wrong place. BE ADVISED***

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Last edited:
Let's not turn this into another clusterfark like the great spoon shot fiasco of 2014!!!! Read ALL the rules...well, if you CAN read :wink:

Let's not turn this into another clusterfark like the great spoon shot fiasco of 2014!!!! Read ALL the rules...well, if you CAN read :wink:

Hmmm. Maybe I should reduce the font size in the category description...:eyebrows:

Even the hidden green text!
Did you stock up on dilly bars for this one?

We ALWAYS have plenty of Dilly Bars, available in your choice of four delicious flavors. :thumb:

You MUST cook - A Ribeye Steak, approx 1in thick or thicker. Steak may be cooked to your liking. You can use a thermometer if you must. Your plate must also include a baked potato and a green vegetable or fruit. Green salad is an acceptable vegetable. Green Skittles are not. Veggie or fruit preparation is at your discretion. Raw is acceptable. Your entry photo must contain all three of these finished items (Steak, Baked potato, Green Veggie or fruit) Somewhere in your entry you must show a picture of your steak sliced, but it does not have to be in the entry picture.

This is why we can't have nice things...

:tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

:becky:

"This", whatever it "is", is getting confusing already! :sick:

Can I cook 2 ribeyes in my thick or thicker? I know the rules only call for 1 in my thick or thicker, but Tasha might want to eat, too :noidea:

Anyone know where I can buy a thick? Depending on price, I might go with a thicker...

Peeps, if you calculate the total thickness of your steak and divide it by the circumference of your plate and multiply that by the size of your potato (in millimeters) you will have your answer. Obviously, if the number is less than the number of votes you received in the first throwdown you ever entered in a month with an E in it, you are fine with 2 steaks, given they are from the left side of the cow, and it's a Thursday. Hope this clears things up.

What's a ribeye? Do we need to include the packaging.
Edit- What I meant to ask was what determines it visibly, can we just trust the non-butchers have labeled it correctly.

Peeps, if you calculate the total thickness of your steak and divide it by the circumference of your plate and multiply that by the size of your potato (in millimeters) you will have your answer. Obviously, if the number is less than the number of votes you received in the first throwdown you ever entered in a month with an E in it, you are fine with 2 steaks, given they are from the left side of the cow, and it's a Thursday. Hope this clears things up.
:doh: based on this, I have to cook (14) 9" thick, 4" diameter ribeyes! Maybe I didn't do that right....

Back