SO...What DOES One Do With A Whole Sirloin Tip?

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
OK. So. I'm down the sidewalk of the strip mall where I work, at the Save A Lot to get a couple things for lunch. Cruised by the meat lockers and saw, out of the corner of my eye, these big round cryovac'd hunks of beef and just had to stop and have a look. Hmmm. Whole sirlion tip roasts. 2.99/lb. Was about to just continue on when I decided to turn one over and find that it's not the usual ungraded cuts they carry, but an Excel USDA Choice...SOLD! 10.58 pounds, and already trimmed a little as there's not much silver skin left to discard. So, I have this hunk of beef, but have no idea of what I should do with it. Suggestions?

Boil it! :thumb: :hungry:

But seriously, if you aren't cooking for a large crowd, I'd section it out into 3 or 4 pieces, and freeze all but one, which you could cook this weekend. Good cut of beef on the grill, but also can be roasted, and used later for roast beef sammiches.

Do this!

http://bsinthekitchen.com/sirloin-tip-roast/

Tip-Roast-21-765x1024.jpg

You can do the same thing I'm doing this weekend, though I haven't made my mind up on what meat I'm using. I would smoke it till it was 150ish then pan with some
wine or beer and cover it in the oven or smoker for another 2 or 3 hours then shred and add sautéed onions and jalapeños and make some chimichangas, tacos and or enchiladas.

Yep, peeps is there. Med rare roast beef. An excellent candidate for a reverse sear. It is also excellent meat for kabobs if you wanted to go that route.

Well, I'd cook it to mid rare and eat it, Uncle G..

Yep, that's what I'd do with it.:thumb:

Drive to Berclair and follow your nose to Nutbush. :thumb:

wagyu-board_zps4a643c5c.jpg

wagyu-fire_zps02868c9e.jpg

This was actually a Strube Ranch Wagyu Top Block Sirloin, but, same concept, you understand right? Smoke to 125°F internal then sear over hot fire. This was cooked over a white oak fire, with a small amount of lump added

Me, I would put it on the rotisserie on the Santa Maria Ranch Grill and take it to 125* IT then rest for 45 minutes or so. Yep, that is what I'd do!

You farkers got it all wrong.

Here's what you do with that cut of meat Uncle G:

First, put it in a cooler and cover with ice.

Put the cooler in the back seat or trunk of your preferred vehicle, and you and RedHot get in the front seats of said vehicle.

Drive the vehicle (with the coolered meat) to the Wyocena Yacht Club. I'll cook the Sirloin Tip Roast for you since you seem too clueless to do it yourself.

Deal?

:becky:

I maybe off the wall here,but I say cure it and make dried beef with it.

Back