BBQ Gooey Layer Cake

I'll write this one down in my recipe notebook and give it a whirl. I'm not sure I'd use a kettle though. Being easier to set a particular temperature, I'd probably use my kitchen oven -even if I had been cooking the main meal on my Weber. OTOH, I might be missing that "something" that a charcoal fire gives.

ok- color me conflicted. (nothing out of the ordinary)

I do a lot of indirect cooking on my BGE at 350. This cake would work great on the Egg.

Saved the link.

Replace butterscotch chips with chopped walnuts and this is my family's Hello Dolly cake. I've also heard it called different names, the order of layers and number of layers but never heard of making it on a grill. Guess there really is a first for everything.

Thanks for posting this, will need to give it a whirl. I've done a fair amount of baking on the Bubba Keg, will experiment on the Goldens.

Replace butterscotch chips with chopped walnuts and this is my family's Hello Dolly cake. I've also heard it called different names, the order of layers and number of layers but never heard of making it on a grill. Guess there really is a first for everything.

That sounds delicious - I like the idea of adding nuts to it!

Ok- made a batch last week. Did not have butterscotch morsels. Did have 2 different types of chocolate chips and some Pecans. Turned out really good BUT there was no gooey to it :sad: Chocolate chips do melt but they keep their shape- by design- they don't become molten and melt to hold everything together as I had hoped. The layers stayed layers, you could peel them apart. The condensed milk and the coconut did fuse together but the cake as a whole was a crumbly (great tasting) mess. Worked better with a spoon, cutting it up and picking it up was not going to happen. Not sure what to do.

Back