22.5 Donor lid

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Looking for a 22.5 donor dome lid. Before you say Craigslist let me tell you that no one BBQ's in this State so CL is useless.

I'm thinking just doing a 22.5 Jumbo Joe unless someone has another suggestion. I figure with the JJ at least I'll have another kettle in case it's needed.

Try Big Lots, or some similar discount store. I've seen 22.5" kettles for $25-$30.

Matt

Jumbo Joe's are $70ish, right? You could try calling Weber and see if they will sell you a lid only for cheaper than that. Just tell them you have an old OTS and want to get a new lid for it.

Jumbo Joe's are $70ish, right? You could try calling Weber and see if they will sell you a lid only for cheaper than that. Just tell them you have an old OTS and want to get a new lid for it.

LOL...$72 dollars for a Weber lid with a handle kit they charge separately for. Looks like the 22.5 Jumbo is the best way to go.

It's an 18. The position of the lid vent gives it away.

What's a 22.5" lid worth to ya? I know where there's a couple.

:biggrin1:

Oh just about a trip to Wally or Lowes to get the $68 22.5 JJ... The positive is that It'll be an extra grill.

Just out of curiosity, what project do you have going that requires the extra lid?

Looking for a 22.5 donor dome lid. Before you say Craigslist let me tell you that no one BBQ's in this State so CL is useless.

I'm thinking just doing a 22.5 Jumbo Joe unless someone has another suggestion. I figure with the JJ at least I'll have another kettle in case it's needed.

I like a 22" Jumbo Joe!

You are not kidding about the Craigslist thing, and Indiana in general. I'm so jealous of all these CL finds that people post about.

I have been wanting to take a look at 270 smokers. Have to drive three hours to Amish country Ohio. Want to look at backwoods or humphrey? Hit the road to St. Louis for just shy of 6 hours.

You are not kidding about the Craigslist thing, and Indiana in general. I'm so jealous of all these CL finds that people post about.

I have been wanting to take a look at 270 smokers. Have to drive three hours to Amish country Ohio. Want to look at backwoods or humphrey? Hit the road to St. Louis for just shy of 6 hours.

It's because ain't nobody doing bbq except us. lol

No backyard BBQ in Indiana? That's just sad and wrong.

condolences.

Hope y'all get better soon. :-D

No backyard BBQ in Indiana? That's just sad and wrong.

condolences.

Hope y'all get better soon. :-D
Mostly gas grills, I've spotted a few kettle grillers but even those people use lighter fluid! :twitch:

I went to an Egg Fest a few years ago just outside of Ft. Wayne. I don't remember the name of the place but they sold the BGE and I think Yoder.

Other than that, your best bet up there is the local Ace Hardware type place having kettles.

Back