Whopper Salad (not really Q)

effinUker

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
OK, I had a couple requests for the recipe to the "Whopper" salad dressing. Let me explain - we've been eating low carb since last spring. One of our favorite things was a Whopper, but since we don't eat the bun we had to reinvent it. It took some tweaking, but this dressing mimics the flavors you get on the Whopper - when the ketchup, mayo, tomato & pickle juices all meld together to make that "sauce" on the burger... that's part of what makes them as good as they are. This is what my wife came up with.

(We weigh everything in recipes because it's easy to be consistent)

Dressing for 2 salads:
63 grams Hellman's Mayo with Olive Oil
25 grams Heinz Ketchup
45 grams Vlasic Kosher Dill Pickle Juice

Mix everything together, and let sit in the fridge for at least an hour (longer is better) to let the flavors blend.

We generally grill a 6 oz burger, and chop it up over a lettuce salad, with raw onion, chopped tomatoes, vlasic kosher dill slices and sometimes cheese and/or bacon. It's a Whopper after all - have it your way!

Hope ya like it as much as we do. Enjoy!

DSC01435_zpse60dccb9.jpg

the Ketchup has more carbs than you might think, at BK you can ge a low carb Whopper, they serve it in a salad bowl with all of the fixings except the Tomato and condiments. Last time that I did the low carb diet, that was my lunch almost every day.

the Ketchup has more carbs than you might think, at BK you can ge a low carb Whopper, they serve it in a salad bowl with all of the fixings except the Tomato and condiments. Last time that I did the low carb diet, that was my lunch almost every day.

Yeah I know it does - but this only has about a net 5 carbs in the dressing.

Heinz low carb ketchup is better tasting than the regular IMO. I'm glad the low carb diet forced me to search it out.

That whopper salad WILL BE tried in this house. Thanks for posting!!:thumb:

Yep...between diabetes and heart disease. I really need to eat more low carb than I do. Plus, I really enjoy a Whopper every now and then (and with my wife and daughter in law - also known as the food Nazis, it's more then than now). Sounds awesome and will be trying this!! thanks for posting the recipe!

Sounds and looks great, thanks for sharing the recipe!

Back