I pulled the trigger, time for an upgrade.

HumboldtSmokeBBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
My UDS has been my faithful smoker for 9 years. We have been through a lot together. That being said, I just pulled the trigger on an American Barbecue Systems pit boss. I drive 5 hours to pick her up on Tuesday. Then turn around and drive 5 hours back with her....and start making some new memories.

Now, I'm thinking about what I'm gonna do with her!
b57a5839a97a5a0bc7dc4651d0d0e3cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the heck, why you teasing us? I don't want to see your old, worn out, rusted up smoker I wanna see the pretty new one. :razz:

If I was looking for a Rotisserie smoker this might be it! Congratulations. Mac

congrats on the new cooker! can't wait to see pics tuesday.

I will post pics when it is on the back of my truck. What should I do with my UDS?
She is stinking ugly, but a darn fine cooker!

Lets have an auction with proceeds benefiting the Brethren Website! Mac

I will post pics when it is on the back of my truck. What should I do with my UDS?
She is stinking ugly, but a darn fine cooker!

Just because your wife is pregnant doesnt mean you get rid of the toddler. Youll use it less but youll still use it. All cookers cook different. It takes up next to no room.......

Just because your wife is pregnant doesnt mean you get rid of the toddler. Youll use it less but youll still use it. All cookers cook different. It takes up next to no room.......

I wasnt planning on getting rid of her. I was wondering what I could do to modify it maybe? Maybe take out the racks, put in some rebar so I can hang meats? I dont know...just ideas.

I wasnt planning on getting rid of her. I was wondering what I could do to modify it maybe? Maybe take out the racks, put in some rebar so I can hang meats? I dont know...just ideas.
That's what I would suggest being able to hang meat is the main reason I got a drum.

Big fan of hanging meat! Anybody in the Mississippi area need a barely used PBC? Got a 22" WSM and am waiting on my hanging kit. Kinda makes the PBC obsolete, so she's gotta go to keep the peace.

That looks to be a well-used and loved uds. Re-purposing it as a hanger is a decent bet. Be sort of a shame to toss it to the curb. If I had one that I was on the fence with, I'd consider laying it on a "BBQ-Curious" friend. Clean it up- just a bit- and get him/her started on this fabulous pastime. Or- clean it up and keep it... Smitty's right- power will go out. Or you might decide you want another taste of what a good UDS will turn out.

I always fancied buying a "Judge" and sticking a pellet pooper mechanism in it.
That would be good.
Ed

I always fancied buying a "Judge" and sticking a pellet pooper mechanism in it.
That would be good.
Ed

I cant get into pellets. I ordered mine with out the pellet option. I wanted to start cooking more, maybe do some side things every once in a while. The Pit Boss holds a good amount of meat. I've seen it a few times in action, and I really just like the rotisserie.

I recently purchased a larger smoker and was thinking about giving away the old one and my wife said "no way!". She was right of course because three days after getting the bigger smoker I was right back into the older smaller one doing a small butt roast. It would have been a pain and a waste of money to run a bunch of wood through the bigger one for a 6 lb roast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back