THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

STLBBQer

is one Smokin' Farker
Normally, I position the vents directly over the indirect meat I'm cooking on a kettle to let the smoke drift over. The first few times I've used my new(er) rotisserie, I've noticed the chicken or turkey turns out way too smokey if I put the vents over the bird.

This last rotisserie cook with a turkey, I positioned the vents away from the bird and the results were much improved. My theory is that the rotisserie ring is loose enough and lets enough smoke drift over the bird regardless and positioning the top vent over just drifts even more smoke. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this or if it's just something I've had an issue with. I've definitely found poultry doesn't need much smoke at all before it's overkill.

Poultry really soaks up the smoke.
I don't have a rotisserie for any of my Webers so I can't speak to your experience.
You may want to try a different smoke wood that's a little less intense. I for one love chicken hit with some birch smoke.

What type of wood, if any, were you using?
Normally, I find just using lump or briquettes offers more than enough smoke for my taste and I no longer use any wood.

Back