Apple stuffed bratwerst

kgressler

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Having a hard time getting any info and making my own apple brats.
There is a place around me that makes them but they were not very helpful in letting me in on a recipe.:sad:
Looking online and I haven't really seen any recipes either.

Any idea of what to use as Apple filling? Chopped apples or Apple sauce dried apples a combination of them or what?

If anyone has made these or had an opinion on what would be the best direction to take to add apples would be great.

Never had them... is it similar to chicken apple sausages?? Would a recipe from one of those kinds of things work for you??

I've made brats but haven't added apple but that sounds wonderful.

I'd suggest a some pieces for appearance but use some apple pie spice and some apple flavored vodka, brandy or schnapps to do the heavy lifting - still use your recipe liquid as the alcohol will evaporate with cooking.

I've made brats but haven't added apple but that sounds wonderful.

I'd suggest a some pieces for appearance but use some apple pie spice and some apple flavored vodka, brandy or schnapps to do the heavy lifting - still use your recipe liquid as the alcohol will evaporate with cooking.

So when you say Apple pie spice do you think maybe Apple pie filling would be a better fit? Or is there an actual Apple pie spice?
I make my own hard Apple cider I could probably use that as my liquid.

Duh of coarse there is Apple pie spice. Cinnamin nutmeg and all spice.

Back