To Cook Or Not To Cook???

FloydZilla

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hi, I am a new member to this awesome site!! This past Sunday, I seasoned about 5 pounds of chicken wings with my homemade seasoning, and then put the wings into some storage containers put them in the fridge to marinate for 24 hours....Well 24 hours turned into almost 5 days! I have smelled the wings, and all I can smell is my seasoning. Should I toss them in the trash or fire up my Weber kettle and cook them?
Thank you in advance for any and all advice.
Floyd

They've been in the fridge the whole time? I'd eat them if they didn't smell funny. But I wouldn't serve them to anyone. My wife would make me throw them out.
I don't know what the 'rule' is.
BTW, welcome!

Throwing them out was my first thought, then after smelling them, I thought to myself...hmm.. maybe I should just cook them. Then I had a better idea....ask the members of this awesome site their opinion. I'm glad that I went with decision to ask all of you what you would do!
Thank you to everyone that gave their advice and opinion
Floyd

I agree with Groundhog66 a 100% about not messing around with chicken!! Most any time that I smell a weird odor coming from chicken, or pork , I toss it in the trash.

Floyd, just one question: "Have you ever had food poisoning?".......

Chicken is too cheap to buy to risk it. The money saved in eating eat will be spent in toilet paper

Hands down.... Pitch it!

There is no way I would enjoy eating something while wondering if I was going to need medical attention as a result. For your own peace of mind start over with the chicken marinade.

Rinse one and smell...if it's not past it's expiration. They're not past expiration are they? If so heck yea toss it.

Last edited:
I'm sure you're not starving nor completely out of food. So, the risks clearly out weigh the benefits. Toss them....

Toss them. Better to toss them than toss your cookies..... for a really long time.

I would think 9 out of 10 people saying toss them would be the best advice if they smell good or not. just saying...

Toss them.....not worth tickling the dragon with food poisoning.

Chicken is cheap.

Toss them chicken is cheaper then a emergency room visit

It shocks me how conservative people are on these forums. I'd say 5 days is fine.

I bought chicken today and the sell buy date was well past five days from now.

That is my chicken, your chicken is your business

Back